Chiang Mai: Top traffic cop did NOT die after being vaccinated - police go after fake news posters

webfact

9pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The provincial police in Chiang Mai said that there was no truth to the online rumor that one of their own died after being vaccinated against Covid-19.

They said that deputy commander of traffic Pol Col Kamphon Konkaew who died on May 11th had not even been vaccinated.

He died after suffering from high blood pressure and having had a broken blood vessel in his brain. 

Provincial chief Pol Maj-Gen Surachate Jiranantasin instructed his deputies to find those responsible for the damaging fake news posts and prosecute them.

Meanwhile Sanook reported that it was much quieter at a field hospital in Chiang Mai after those coming to be tested fell from hundreds to a trickle. 

Only 16 new cases were reported in Chiang Mai bringing the total to 3,960 with 15 still in ICU and 16 deaths. 

The vaccine registration for 60 year olds and those with seven underlying health conditions was going up slowly but was still at only about 10% of the 600,000 number set to be vaccinated. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-14

I knew this guy; he was married to my girlfriend’s cousin. Sadly, he was overweight and a bit of a heavy drinker, which at least partly led to him suffering a sudden and deadly stroke (at age 44). I can’t even begin to express the disgust I feel for antivaxxer morons who are co-opting his tragic death for their own ignorant purposes.

• Like 2