Good unlimited monthly prepaid Data packages?

I've had an unlimited prepaid data plan with AIS (cost 200thb/month) for the past 16 months and the plan expires in a week or two.   Does anyone know of any similar such plans currently available?

I'd like to stay with AIS but I can switch to True if there's something good that they offer.  (Dtac doesn't work well in my area.)

Thanks!

I am currently using the AIS 4 Mbps 90 day package at 1285 baht inc VAT. Subscribe at *777*7398*100878#. There is also a 10 Mbps 90 day package at 1925 baht inc VAT. Subscribe at *777*7399*100878#. Hope this helps.

7 minutes ago, Gav Bic said:

I am currently using the AIS 4 Mbps 90 day package at 1285 baht inc VAT. Subscribe at *777*7398*100878#. There is also a 10 Mbps 90 day package at 1925 baht inc VAT. Subscribe at *777*7399*100878#. Hope this helps.

For an extra Bt.115.00 you can get the 4mb package for 6 months.

Iam on the 6mb package @ Bt.3500.00 for 12 months.

Am interested to know more details about the OP's unlimited deal for Bt200.00 a month, thats cheap !

ais.jpg.325471de99602f744d8dc40947a9ffab.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

For an extra Bt.115.00 you can get the 4mb package for 6 months.

Iam on the 6mb package @ Bt.3500.00 for 12 months.

Am interested to know more details about the OP's unlimited deal for Bt200.00 a month, thats cheap !

ais.jpg.325471de99602f744d8dc40947a9ffab.jpg

Similar deal is available for 300 baht per month or 2200 baht for 12 months. Unlimited data capped at 10 Mbps. New SIM only. Though if you are a fairly long term customer, the call centre has the ability to apply a similar package to your existing SIM.

Edited by Bruno123

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah, very cheap.  The 200 baht included VAT too.  They stopped offering it around June of last year.  Each month I'd get a text message reminding me to top up....

image.png.f564eccdf84ff681855572b1be2ef802.png

This month I got....

image.png.6d46e8536d30b31c69d927f49e4bf269.png

I suppose all good things come to and end.

Before I did that package I had tried a True SIM via Lazada - one of those pay once, get unlimited for 1 year things.  Cost was about 2000 baht if I recall.  It didn't work.  Spent a lot of time dealing with the seller and True and in the end the seller did a refund.  So I'm a bit hesitant to try that again.

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

Similar deal is available for 300 baht per month or 2200 baht for 12 months. Unlimited data capped at 10 Mbps. New SIM only. Though if you are a fairly long term customer, the call centre has the ability to apply a similar package to your existing SIM.

I may go to an AIS shop tomorrow to see if they can extend.  Unfortunately I've only been with them for a year.  Was with True prior to that.  If they offer an extension, even if it's for a bit more, I would do it. 

10 minutes ago, asiacurious said:

I may go to an AIS shop tomorrow to see if they can extend.  Unfortunately I've only been with them for a year.  Was with True prior to that.  If they offer an extension, even if it's for a bit more, I would do it. 

Seems you don't want to comprehend. Call centre, not shop. Service centre maybe; but best with call centre. Shops don't have more power than a call centre; they just have physical product. 

So if it can be done, the call centre can do it. If they need to issue you with a new SIM, they will send you to a service centre and put a note on your account.

Stick with AIS if you are happy with the performance.

Edited by Bruno123

13 minutes ago, asiacurious said:

Yeah, very cheap.  The 200 baht included VAT too.  They stopped offering it around June of last year.  Each month I'd get a text message reminding me to top up....

image.png.f564eccdf84ff681855572b1be2ef802.png

This month I got....

image.png.6d46e8536d30b31c69d927f49e4bf269.png

I suppose all good things come to and end.

Before I did that package I had tried a True SIM via Lazada - one of those pay once, get unlimited for 1 year things.  Cost was about 2000 baht if I recall.  It didn't work.  Spent a lot of time dealing with the seller and True and in the end the seller did a refund.  So I'm a bit hesitant to try that again.

As I told you, call centre. If they can extend it you don;t have to go anywhere. If not possible, new 50 baht SIM and apply USSD code for unlimited 10 Mbps for 300 baht or unlimited 4 Mbps for 200 baht or unlimited 2Mbps for 150 baht.

23 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Seems you don't want to comprehend. Call centre, not shop. Service centre maybe; but best with call centre. Shops don't have more power than a call centre; they just have physical product. 

So if it can be done, the call centre can do it. If they need to issue you with a new SIM, they will send you to a service centre and put a note on your account.

Stick with AIS if you are happy with the performance.

No, I did comprehend.  The reason I would chose to go in to a shop is that there are True and Dtac shops right next door.  Not really to use the ability to go with a different provider as a leveraging tactic (though there is always that potential), but more to just have the ability to actually go to another provider and get whatever looks best.

20 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

As I told you, call centre. If they can extend it you don;t have to go anywhere. If not possible, new 50 baht SIM and apply USSD code for unlimited 10 Mbps for 300 baht or unlimited 4 Mbps for 200 baht or unlimited 2Mbps for 150 baht.

I'd be ok with 10Mbps for 300/month via USSD code, but I haven't found anything close to that online (other than buying through Lazada which I've already had a bad experience with before).  But if you can share those codes, I'll pick up a new SIM tomorrow.

On one of the Forum threads I came across this promotion on LAZADA

> https://www.lazada.co.th/products/10mbps-dtac-12-i1929192284-s6099702345.html

So I did order that 10 Mbps dTac SIM-card, which arrived 2-3 days later.

That SIM only costs 1.390 THB and provides unlimited 10 Mbps mobile data for a full year!

Not only that, but it also features unlimited free calls on the dTac network, and for 50 THB a month this can be extended to ALL Thai providers.  As I live in South Isaan where dTac is the most widely used network, the latter is not necessary for me (but good to know that it is available).

I now use that new 10 Mbps SIM and I did a speed-test which indeed shows that I can surf and download - as well as upload - at 10 Mbps (our house is fairly close to a dTac send-pole which probably explains that max speed I get).

Note: 10Mbps means that you can download 1.25 Mb per second, or 75 MB a minute or 4.5 GB per hour.  Whether you get those speeds is of course dependent on the server that provides the downloaded content, but on some servers I get 3 GB per hour.

Obviously that SIM-card is really a worthwhile deal, and surely when you need mobile data if you do not have WiFi or cable in your home.

The only thing you need to do once your SIM-card is delivered by Lazada, is to register it on your or your wife/girlfriends name at a dTac shop. The SIM-card features also an instruction on how to do that yourself, but as it was in Thai I simply went to the local dTac shop (in my local super-market) and they had it fixed for me in 3 minutes.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

On one of the Forum threads I came across this promotion on LAZADA

> https://www.lazada.co.th/products/10mbps-dtac-12-i1929192284-s6099702345.html

So I did order that 10 Mbps dTac SIM-card, which arrived 2-3 days later.

That SIM only costs 1.390 THB and provides unlimited 10 Mbps mobile data for a full year!

Not only that, but it also features unlimited free calls on the dTac network, and for 50 THB a month this can be extended to ALL Thai providers.  As I live in South Isaan where dTac is the most widely used network, the latter is not necessary for me (but good to know that it is available).

I now use that new 10 Mbps SIM and I did a speed-test which indeed shows that I can surf and download - as well as upload - at 10 Mbps (our house is fairly close to a dTac send-pole which probably explains that max speed I get).

Note: 10Mbps means that you can download 1.25 Mb per second, or 75 MB a minute or 4.5 GB per hour.  Whether you get those speeds is of course dependent on the server that provides the downloaded content, but on some servers I get 3 GB per hour.

Obviously that SIM-card is really a worthwhile deal, and surely when you need mobile data if you do not have WiFi or cable in your home.

The only thing you need to do once your SIM-card is delivered by Lazada, is to register it on your or your wife/girlfriends name at a dTac shop. The SIM-card features also an instruction on how to do that yourself, but as it was in Thai I simply went to the local dTac shop (in my local super-market) and they had it fixed for me in 3 minutes.

You can register it in your own name using your passport.

On 5/17/2021 at 1:42 PM, asiacurious said:

I'd be ok with 10Mbps for 300/month via USSD code, but I haven't found anything close to that online (other than buying through Lazada which I've already had a bad experience with before).  But if you can share those codes, I'll pick up a new SIM tomorrow.

So what happened?

8 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

So what happened?

So....  I called AIS and they said they could extend the rate for another 6 months.   It took only asking once, no need to try and persuade them.  However the new extension date did not appear in the AIS app by the next day and I ended up going in to a shop.  When they looked at the account they saw that I had called, but could not see any extension.  It took a few minutes but they got it applied.  Everyone (on the phone and at the shop) were super helpful.

Thank you to everyone for the advice!

• Thanks 2