How to get a Pink-ID card to be able to register for Covid vaccine

XJ650

We visited the Muang Chiang Rai District Office today. Link in Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/cuYwT7rWrPGCVRz59

Papers needed for the Pink-ID: 

My passport, my Yellow book

My wife's House book, her ID-card and our Married papers in original. 

No copies and no photo. 

We arrived 13.00 and we were out after 45 minutes with the Pink-ID card in hand. 

They take photo of you and also register fingerprint of both your thumbs so have a nice shave and clean hands! 

Not many people waiting, nice area with AC. 

So all together a good experience. 

• Like 2

I forgot to mention one important thing. You will get two forms to fill in and sign,  and they are in Thai language so if you are not fluent in Thai script bring someone that is. My wife helped me with that problem. 

And I can add that I am now registered to get my first shot 1st of July (this year). 

Edited by XJ650
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, XJ650 said:

And I can add that I am now registered to get my first shot 1st of July (this year). 

Did you register on the line app ?

38 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Did you register on the line app ?

I am sorry I cannot help you. My wife did register me and that with an app she downloaded from Play Store. 

"Ministry of Public Health" .

Here is a pic of that app. And it is in Thai.  

Ministry.JPG

• Thanks 1

I think there's a mistake. The Mor Prom is supposed to be for Thai and permanent residents.

The app forgot to reject those foreigners with pink ID card, it should be a bug because it's already stated Thai first.

Wait for the foreigner app.

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

I think there's a mistake. The Mor Prom is supposed to be for Thai and permanent residents.

The app forgot to reject those foreigners with pink ID card, it should be a bug because it's already stated Thai first.

Well the proof will be in the putting. 

Of syringes into arms of expats who managed to register online with pink card numbers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well the proof will be in the putting. 

Of syringes into arms of expats who managed to register online with pink card numbers.

Which expats have managed to be vaccinated so far after Mor Prom?

19 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Which expats have managed to be vaccinated so far after Mor Prom?

I think the initial online bookings were for high risk people to book in May for jabs  in June. Registration is one thing. Vaccination another. But again only expats with the needed Thai number that were able to navigate the Thai language tool were able to register. 

If you're asking if all of those bookings will be fulfilled or not, nobody could possibly know yet.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2021 at 7:45 PM, EricTh said:

In case Mor Prom is a mistake, I'm wondering if MorChana which shows up on Google Play from the Digital Government Development Agency and says its a self-protection tool  from Covid 19 outbreak for each individual,  might be the one that handles on-line vaccine registration.      First impression after downloading it though is that it's intended mainly for doctors, nurses and medical staff rather than for us the public,  so maybe your "Wait for the foreigner app" advice is all we can effectively do just now.

Apparently the idea of developing an app specifically for foreigners has been scrapped. 

Expats are invited to register in person beginning June 7 at a hospital that has their records or a hospital specified by the government. 

So far only some Bangkok area hospitals have been species.

IMPORTANT:

Passports accepted.

No need for any Thai ID!

Edited by Jingthing

On 5/18/2021 at 6:21 PM, Barley said:

Can you get the pink ID card if you are not married, and don't own a house but live in a rental property?

Yes but you don't need a pink card to register for or to get a free vaccine in Thailand.

Edited by Jingthing

On 5/17/2021 at 6:25 PM, Jingthing said:

Why not wait until the foreigner registration online system is released? It's highly unlikely that will require a pink card number. 

If I remember correctly Government spokesman said onThursday/Friday last that they would not be launching an App for foreigners.

3 minutes ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

If I remember correctly Government spokesman said onThursday/Friday last that they would not be launching an App for foreigners.

Yes as I already posted later on this thread. No online tool for foreigners. But as far as direct registration PASSPORTS  will be accepted. No need for pink cards at all for vaccine registration. 

People that already have a pink card great. But if you don't have one, no problem.

Edited by Jingthing

On 5/23/2021 at 1:29 PM, Jingthing said:

Yes but you don't need a pink card to register for or to get a free vaccine in Thailand.

So what does one have to do to get a pink ID card if one is not married, and one doesn't own a house but lives in a rental property?

• Like 1