Philanthropist businessman Prasit reports to police to acknowledge charges of public fraud

snoop1130

Prasit-J-768x432.jpg

Businessman Prasit Jaewkok, who is well known for his social service, reported to the Crime Suppression Division (CSD) police today (Monday), to acknowledge charges of public fraud for allegedly operating Ponzi investment schemes, causing about one billion baht in losses to the investors.

Accompanied by a lawyer and equipped with a thick file of documents, thought to be evidence, Prasit told the media before meeting the police that he is confident in his ability to prove the legitimacy of his business claiming, however, that he had been cheated of more 100 million baht himself.

He admitted that his tourism business had been hard hit by the COVID-19 pandemic and said he had been unfairly linked to political conflict, despite the fact that he has kept his distance from Thai politics.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/philanthropist-businessman-prasit-reports-to-police-to-acknowledge-charges-of-public-fraud/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-05-17

1 hour ago, Misterwhisper said:

A "philanthropist" who is "well known for his social service" and cheated people out of a biilion baht by operating "several Ponzi schemes"? And of course he is entirely innocent, a victim himself rather than a perpetrator?

Get outta here!

Nice try huh... going for the sympathy vote.

• Haha 1

He was cheated out of 100milj baht so he felt it was not more then normal that he could cheat his investors out of 1 billion baht . But if you turn it around in the story like he did it sounds like he is the one that has lost and is cheated . Investors have been cheated out of 1 billion baht but i  also lost 100milj ???????????????? 

Just now, Nanaplaza666 said:

He was cheated out of 100milj baht so he felt it was not more then normal that he could cheat his investors out of 1 billion baht . But if you turn it around in the story like he did it sounds like he is the one that has lost and is cheated . Investors have been cheated out of 1 billion baht but i  also lost 100milj ???????????????? 

And about not being connected to politics ??? C'mon all those big companies and philanthropists are connected to politics they run the show and pay all these polititians . That's how it works all over the world . You really think the governments are in charge ?? 

8 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

You'd think that if he'd been cheated out of 100 million baht he would of reported it to the police a lot earlier rather than wait to be charged himself with fraud and then say "oh, by the way, I'm a victim myself".