"Vaccine Passport" for Thais - here's how it might look for foreigners

webfact

We'll sort the certificate AFTER a vaccination, just allow people to get or  buy a vaccination ASAP.

Worrying about a piece of paper is just plain silly.

The lengths the regime seem to be going to to avoid the actual one single task at hand, vaccinating as many people in as short a time as possible, is astounding.

Time for a committee or seven to choose the color of the vaccination passport?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

The lengths the regime seem to be going to to avoid the actual one single task at hand, vaccinating as many people in as short a time as possible, is astounding.

My guess is that this is being done deliberately to protect the population in Thailand. This gene therapy will very soon prove to be useless and harmful. Only this cannot be said publicly at the moment. Cue Deagle and Georgia Guidestones, it is just starting to dismantle "Bill Gates". Let's wait and see...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, geistfunke said:

My guess is that this is being done deliberately to protect the population in Thailand.

"Being done" by whom exactly.

Are you receiving communications directly from "someone"?

Where you see a "deliberate" effort most regular people see incompetence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlfHuy said:

It says "International Vaccine Certificate".

Make it bi-lingual. Who would be able to read Thai?

All you can see here is an infographic for Thai people.  The real thing will have multiple languages in it, otherwise it would be useless.

• Like 2

1.  How about they work on straightening out the registration process

2.  Source and distribute the vaccine in adequete numbers

3.  Conduct a mass vaccination campaign

4. NOW they can worry about issuing vaccination passports

Edited by kwonitoy

9 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

"Being done" by whom exactly.

Are you receiving communications directly from "someone"?

Where you see a "deliberate" effort most regular people see incompetence.

Thailand has good connections with China. The vaccination rate in China is downright ridiculous. They "officially" play along internationally, but protect their own population from untested, potentially extremely dangerous new gene therapies.

4 minutes ago, geistfunke said:

Thailand has good connections with China. The vaccination rate in China is downright ridiculous. They "officially" play along internationally, but protect their own population from untested, potentially extremely dangerous new gene therapies.

Yet they (China) donate millions of doses of Sinovac to the Thai "government"?

Not sure that squares with your "world" view.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

They'd need to show proof they were travelling like an air ticket, their passport, proof of vaccination and pay 50 baht.

The Thai government just cannot resist adding fees for everything!  Of course, the airlines are the absolute masters of the fee game!

11 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yet they (China) donate millions of doses of Sinovac to the Thai "government"?

Not sure that squares with your "world" view.

That's a pity, but you're probably still missing far too much information to form a really meaningful picture of your own. The Sinovac vaccine is not a novel mRNA vaccine like the ones from Biontech or Moderna, but a so-called dead vaccine with killed pathogens.

I’m not for vaccine passports but this is not knew, I remember having to have one to enter certain countries many years ago when living in Canada, it was about the size of a passport and yellow, I believe it was for smallpox but not 100% sure on that????

1 hour ago, Maejo Man said:

Australia is currently issuing single page certificates stating type of vaccine administered, medical center where administered, and name of the qualified administering person and the date. Simple.

So simple and lets face it there is no chance of anyone forging or copying these.....lol

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, geistfunke said:

My guess is that this is being done deliberately to protect the population in Thailand. This gene therapy will very soon prove to be useless and harmful. Only this cannot be said publicly at the moment. Cue Deagle and Georgia Guidestones, it is just starting to dismantle "Bill Gates". Let's wait and see...

How about taking your conspiracy nonsense elsewhere? Even poor old Bill Gates gets dragged in again, Jesus H.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maejo Man said:

Australia is currently issuing single page certificates stating type of vaccine administered, medical center where administered, and name of the qualified administering person and the date. Simple.

news to me I've had the jab and all i have is a hand written card with date and clinic.

2 hours ago, zhounan said:

Until a few years ago, we would never have accepted these forms of personal discrimination.
Now, thanks to a one-directional media narrative and a herd mentality of conformity, we are passively accepting the unthinkable.

In this state of habituation of the masses, governments and the world's big stakeholders can literally decide and implement what they will.

Prepare for an era of obedience or imprisonment in case of dissent.

‘These forms of personal discrimination’.....   what is it with these ill-informed responses of outrage...

.... vaccine passports have existed for decades !!!  (most of my recent vaccinations are in mine, including Yellow Fever) - You won’t get into some countries without it.

IF you want the privilege of international travel then be prepared to prove you are not a risk to the others you are travelling alongside and not a risk to those in your country of destination. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BenDeCosta said:

Once you start going down this road, they'll bring in more and more measures. Covid passports are not the way to go.

Vaccination Passports are the only way to go if we are to avoid further measures. 

Personally - I’d like to see vaccination passports which include Tuberculosis, Measles, Covid-19, Polio, meningitis etc... (except for those medically unable to vaccinate).

The world has changed and evolved, we have to evolve with the risks. 

I would also like to see temperatures taken before flights: I’ve had enough of picking up illnesses during flight, its happened too many times because someone gets on a flight with Influenza and passes it along to xx other people - these people should be prevented travel too (until they are better). 

1 hour ago, realfunster said:

- Case fatality rates are running at 1.5-2.5% for developed countries with large scale, reliable testing programs and top-class health facilities. Go to the corona stats sites and check for yourself.

- Further, there are another, 10-15% of cases who require serious medical attention. So your glib '99% of all people can cure themselves' is completely disproven by my reckoning.

Not to be that guy, but what you write isn't entirely accurate either. Case fatality rates range from about 0.5% and upwards in developed countries with facilities like the ones you describe. For example in Norway, the fatality rate is about 0.75%. In regards to treatment, about 5% of cases in Norway have required hospitalization or serious medical attention. Of the cases requiring treatment, about 35-40% of patients are foreign-born by the way. 

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

Why do I get the feeling I am one the Titanic looking at an iceberg? The government's inability to do the simplest thing with respect to anything COVID frankly scares the life out off me.

Frankly this statement is silly.  It seems they have managed this pandemic quite well. A little excessive IMO with the lock downs and mask regulations but hard to argue few have died.

2 hours ago, DLock said:

I don't get it.

The vaccine passport for Thai or Farang will be used for the exact same reason.

A Thai vaccine passport in Thai is useless for a Thai wanting to travel outside Thailand.

Why not just do a single vaccine passport - in Thai and English - issued at the same place.

WHO International certificate of vaccination

According to the IHR, passengers need to carry the International Certificate of Vaccination to show at the port of entry. Generally, this certificate will be printed in Yellow and its detail and/or layout may be different according to each vaccination center. However, all valid certificate have to comply with WHO regulation for example;

1.  The Certificate must be completed in English or French; an additional language may be used.( Thai...?)
  2.  Certificates must be signed in the Hand of the clinician, who shall be a medical practitioner or other authorized health worker.  The certificate must also bear the Official stamp of the administering centre; however, this shall not be an accepted substitute for the signature.
  3.  Any amendment of this certificate, or erasure, or failure to complete any part of it, may render it Invalid.
  4.  Certificates are Individual and shall in no circumstances be used collectively. Separate certificates shall be issued for children.
  5.  The certificate is valid for 'Life of person vaccinated", beginning 10 days after the date of vaccination. In the event of revaccination, it is valid from the date of revaccination. The medical professional completing the certificate must record the validity dates (certificate valid from…….until……..) in the column provided on the Certificate.....and more....FIO....

https://www.thaitravelclinic.com/Knowledge/who-international-certificate-of-vaccination.html

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I exited Thailand about 18 months ago and I had to do the biometrics, put fingers on the machine so it could take my finger prints, I said to the guy there, we don't use these to exit or enter my home country, he said welcome to Thailand with a smile on his face, you will also need to do the same procedure when you come back kar.

Don't worry I suspect they don't work and aren't linked to any database.

I've been in and out several times, mostly they didn't bother asking me to finger them.

Thais love to buy stuff that doesn't work, but never admit it.

Edited by BritManToo

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

But presumably they'll want to use it for travelling outside Thailand, else it wouldn't be called a 'passport'.

And it would have to be a vaccine acceptable in foreign countries, good luck entering the EU with a Sinovac vaccination as it's not accepted.

See above.

5 hours ago, mrfill said:

Isn't it for the immigration people in the country where they land? Who will understand written Thai perfectly, as the whole world usually does.

No, the graphic isn't for them.