Employer doesn't pay the confirmed salary

18 hours ago, blackcab said:

You don't need to write anything either in English or Thai. Take your documents to the Department for Labour Protection and Welfare and they will take you through the process. The yare very helpful and are used to dealing with people who don't know the law.

Correct, legally speaking you do not need a write-up. Yet it helps if you compile the facts chronologically, prepare photocopies of all relevant documents which will help the labour department officers on one side and you on the other side will not forget anything either. For you it is personal (as you did not got paid) and hence there are some emotions which, by nature, is a delicate environment in objective and complete fact compilation. Hence my reference to write-ups; I usually like to go prepared for all eventualities, questions and queries. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Julia Kova said:

Good evening ☀️ Thanks everyone for your time and care! 

So, I don't plan to continue working for this company any longer. I plan to quit and relocate.

I didn't mean to keep working with the lower salary that long but I am a very polite lady - I told my boss, I told HR, I tried to message and email, but it didn't work and I didn't want to make drama in the company. So now is the time for something more.. let's say - elegant punishment.

What I learned from this topic (and thank you everyone once again for the great suggestions):

- I will try to find that emails and messages where I asked about my salary before

- I saved copy of my "Letter of Employment" (it says like that, not a Contract)

- And I have my monthly salary slips since 2019

So together with all these documents I will go to Labor Office. 

I am doing this not only for my self, the Company does similar things (and even worst) to my team mates. I want to make a Precedent and I hope after being checked by Labor Office the Company will be treating Employees with respect. 

Will update here about results ???? 

Thank you,

With smile and kind regards,

Julia

IF you are not the only one, try to get your team to join you to labor office. In a group you are more stronger.

It is common, as my wife, labor officer, sometimes have up to 20 Myanmar at the same time to complain!

Many Myanmar get screwed by their bosses.

Once i picked her up from work and then there were about 10 outside and another 10 inside.

Didnt count but just see. Once she also had in Phuket, about 12 Myanmar.

On 5/20/2021 at 4:45 PM, blackcab said:

The precise wording on the title of the document is not usually a matter for concern. The Labour Court looks at all of the facts in the round, and they will not dismiss a case over the use of a word in this way. If they did this then all employers would have to do is write bad contracts and then they could never be held to account.

The Labour Court is used to dealing with people from quite disadvantaged backgrounds who are taking action against employers who come from a different background.

Agree completely, the wording "contract" has no meaning, but the text in the document has meaning, for example if it states working for a limited time on a specific project, then it is a time limited contract.