Life cycle of a high rise condominium in Bangkok?

Actually you should stick with a reputable developer and management company in a building that looks well maintained and has a reasonably high per m2 maintenance fees. Those that skimp on the fees generally run out of money to maintain the building.

My building has 45 thb/m2 and they are taking very good care of the place.

The building I previously planned to buy (BIG THANK YOU to TVF posters who talked me out of that!) had lower fees but I think that will change very quickly after seeing that the building is literally falling apart, 2 years old. Cracks on outer walls, especially 45 degree ones are most serious. And they are all over the place.

Hence it makes sense to buy something at least 5 years old.

7 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Actually you should stick with a reputable developer and management company in a building that looks well maintained and has a reasonably high per m2 maintenance fees. Those that skimp on the fees generally run out of money to maintain the building.

My building has 45 thb/m2 and they are taking very good care of the place.

The building I previously planned to buy (BIG THANK YOU to TVF posters who talked me out of that!) had lower fees but I think that will change very quickly after seeing that the building is literally falling apart, 2 years old. Cracks on outer walls, especially 45 degree ones are most serious. And they are all over the place.

Hence it makes sense to buy something at least 5 years old.

Even with lower common fees, at the AGM they can approve supplementary fees required for work, many condos do this so the common fee quoted is misleading

On 5/25/2021 at 6:18 PM, Heng said:

On the maintenance side, I'd cut out condos that have rooftop pools.   Just asking for a harder and harder to maintain task in the long run for all the co-owners.   Even more fun if you have a unit on the few floors right underneath it.  

Interesting point. I was looking for a condo in Bangkok for myself to live in. One of the most important points was no neighbor noise from above my unit. Hence I was looking for units right below the mid-level pool, sky garden, viewing terrace or similar. While viewing some condos I remember reading "pool under renovation due to leaking". So I gave up up the "underneath the pool" idea quickly LOL.   

• Like 2