When will the rains start again

CALSinCM

I wonder what the long-term weather forecast is for Thailand's monsoon season.  It was so nice to get early rains this yet, but then TWD states the Rainy Season has arrived and the faucet gets turned off.  Just wondering when the rains are expected to return in the North and Northeast?

• Like 1

Should really begin on 24/25 this month.

The India cyclone Taktuae moving closer and another front from the east:

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=19.4;110.8;3&l=rain-3h&t=20210525/0600

https://www.weathercrave.com/weather-forecast-thailand/city-6299/weather-forecast-nakhon-ratchasima-today

Bangkok got hammered with the first real crazy summer storm last night..

• Like 2

Sporadic but very heavy of rain here on the border on Sakon Nakhon and Beung khan.

Luckily its not everyday as were almost done tiling our pool.  After that bring it on to fill her up!

On 5/20/2021 at 12:28 PM, CharlieH said:

Thought they had judging by the full paddies and lashing we got yesterday ! Frightened the <deleted> out me for half an hour. Talk about "batton the hatches".

Most afternoons from about 4pm tor the last week or more have seen rain.

I cannot remember the last time we had rain on this part of Phichit province, I could be wrong, but there has hardly been any rain through the day here this month.

It's getting less from year to year and the hot season lasts longer. And storms you feel the whole year round. 

When I visited Pkuket the first time in the early 80s, people could tell exactly the day when the rain would start.

But within the climate change it's impossible 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Russell17au said:

I've got the weather radar from Khon Kaen airport and there has been plenty of activity about but it is all very small with very little rain. have been getting plenty of thunder and a bit of wind and a few drops of sweat from above but that is about all. There is more sweat coming out of me than what is coming out of the sky.

I just find it interesting that it's oppressively hot and humid and with all the humidity there is only a few small scattered radar imagines of small thunderheads and microbursts but no soaking rains.  I going to welcome them when they get here.  I've been holding off on planting a vegetable garden.

On 5/19/2021 at 10:31 PM, MRToMRT said:

Long range forecast for Thai rainy season this year is extended and wetter than normal. I got this information a few weeks ago from a friend who works in insurance.

Yes, normal. Whatever that is. 

Examining what the future might bring is a very odd and fanciful human trait. 

1 minute ago, CALSinCM said:

I just find it interesting that it's oppressively hot and humid and with all the humidity there is only a few small scattered radar imagines of small thunderheads and microbursts but no soaking rains.  I going to welcome them when they get here.  I've been holding off on planting a vegetable garden.

I have no problem with watering the vegies. I just stand in a large plastic dish and sweat and empty the dish on the garden. I know what you mean. But every time there seems to be a decent gathering of rain storms for some reason at the 8 or 16 kilometre mark it either goes around to the north or south of us or it splits and goes both sides of us or it peters out altogether and we get nothing. Maybe that bloke up there is as corrupt as those down here and he is waiting for his coffee money.

On 5/20/2021 at 12:28 PM, CharlieH said:

Thought they had judging by the full paddies and lashing we got yesterday ! Frightened the <deleted> out me for half an hour. Talk about "batton the hatches".

Most afternoons from about 4pm tor the last week or more have seen rain.

I have no idea where you are, but we haven't seen any decent rain for over a week.

But the last rain storm took out our TV and Media PC because of forgot to unplug it ????(but everything working again thanks to insurance ????)

Edited by MJCM

5 hours ago, johnjac said:

Bangkok City got the rain and wind, you´re in the suburbs..

Yeah and there are lots of rice paddies up there who need the rain ????

Edited by MJCM

3 hours ago there was plenty of activity on the Khon Kaen radar with a radius of 240 kilometres, but now it has all disappeared off the screen with just a couple of spots left. So no decent rain again today or tonight.

• Sad 1