Chiang Rai to impose strict travel restrictions from Dark Red zone from Friday

webfact

แถวเก้าอี้ในอาคารผู้โดยสาร.jpg

The northern province of Chiang Rai’s communicable disease committee is imposing travel restrictions on all arrivals from the country’s four Dark Red zone provinces – Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani and Samut Prakan, effective on Friday.

Under the order, issued by Chiang Rai Governor Prajon Pratsakul, all arrivals from these four provinces will have to show their COVID-free certificate, to prove that they have been cleared of the disease with a RT PCR or Antigen Rapid Test not more than 72 hours before their arrival in Chiang Rai province, and to show the proof that they have received two doses of COVID-19 vaccine.

Travellers who do not have either of the two certificates will be subjected to 14 days in local quarantine, or less if they stay in the province for less than the mandatory isolation period.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/chiang-rai-to-impose-strict-travel-restrictions-from-dark-red-zone-from-friday/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1

I'm in Quarantine  in Bkk as we speak & due to be leave on the 29th , I live in a village around 50km from chiang rai & will fly to cr from bkk,

Surely someone who has done the mandatory  14 days quarantine  then fly to cr doesn't  then have to do another 14 days quarantine  THATS CRAZY

4 minutes ago, thaiscot said:

I'm in Quarantine  in Bkk as we speak & due to be leave on the 29th , I live in a village around 50km from chiang rai & will fly to cr from bkk,

Surely someone who has done the mandatory  14 days quarantine  then fly to cr doesn't  then have to do another 14 days quarantine  THATS CRAZY

I did my ASQ early January. On departure they require your next address for the ASQ completed letter. That gets forwarded to your local covid team who will contact you on arrival.

In my case contacted my wife prior to my arrival. They also took the details of my driver on leaving ASQ. I had to send daily photos of my temp to their line account for 14 days. 

31 minutes ago, thaiscot said:

will have to show their COVID-free certificate, to prove that they have been cleared of the disease with a RT PCR or Antigen Rapid Test not more than 72 hours before their arrival in Chiang Rai province, and to show the proof that they have received two doses of COVID-19 vaccine.

just do this........  if not, more quarantine.  do 1000-day quarantine to keep the Thais safe, as this is not your country....rules are rules.  break them, deported, quarantine again....lol     2022 better time to come to Thailand.  now it's difficult, the world is in chaos!!!!!  

I don't expect anyone to come to Chiang Rai.  A negative Covid test and proof of vaccination.  With so few people vaccinated here in Thailand not too many people will be allowed to enter.  The 2 dose requirement is another restriction, what about the the foreigners coming in with the Johnson & Johnson jab, which is approved in Thailand but is only 1 dose.

Right now it has been very quiet in Chiang Rai, going forward it will be totally dead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaiscot said:

check if your flight goes  as most is no go  

6 hours ago, Ventenio said:

will have to show their COVID-free certificate, to prove that they have been cleared of the disease with a RT PCR or Antigen Rapid Test not more than 72 hours before their arrival in Chiang Rai province, and to show the proof that they have received two doses of COVID-19 vaccine.

just do this........  if not, more quarantine.  do 1000-day quarantine to keep the Thais safe, as this is not your country....rules are rules.  break them, deported, quarantine again....lol     2022 better time to come to Thailand.  now it's difficult, the world is in chaos!!!!!  

Do 1000 days Quarantine  , I work on a ship & have 6 wks work , 6 wks off for the last 8 or 9 months 2 off my weeks off have been spent in quarantine  everything I come home, we get regularly  tested onboard the vessel & get tested for the flight home aswell as 3 tests in ASQ in bkk , as I live in thailand  with my wife of 11 years & my daughter  i haven't  had the chance to get the vaccine

What more can I do  ?

9 hours ago, statman78 said:

I don't expect anyone to come to Chiang Rai.  A negative Covid test and proof of vaccination.  With so few people vaccinated here in Thailand not too many people will be allowed to enter.  The 2 dose requirement is another restriction, what about the the foreigners coming in with the Johnson & Johnson jab, which is approved in Thailand but is only 1 dose.

Right now it has been very quiet in Chiang Rai, going forward it will be totally dead.

They will never enforce it, but I'll eat my words if someone provides pictures of Covid roadblocks on the highways into Chiang Rai or news that someone has been busted and jailed for failing to follow protocol.  But I seriously doubt I'll ever see that. 

On 5/20/2021 at 8:07 PM, thaiscot said:

Quite contrary... As many village heads have since last July been requiring added 14 days quarantine in home upon arrival of a foreigner into their village.

On 5/21/2021 at 8:07 AM, thaiscot said:

When you come out of quarantaine you have a negatieve pcr test

21 hours ago, Marcthailand1 said:

When you come out of quarantaine you have a negatieve pcr test

Yes I will have a negative  pcr test but It would of been taken on day 12 of quarantine & get released  on day 15 , it says negative  test has to be done within 72 hrs so its going to be tight

On 5/21/2021 at 7:02 PM, CALSinCM said:

How much do you want to bet that there isn't as much as a road block on highways headed into Chiang Rai? 

You lose.  Check points on all major routes into CR.  Highways 1 and 118 even have multiple checkpoints.

On 5/23/2021 at 7:14 PM, Rotweiler said:

You lose.  Check points on all major routes into CR.  Highways 1 and 118 even have multiple checkpoints.

True, but will they be checking for COVID certification?

Many of the checkpoints I go through are either unmanned, or have just one person waving vehicles through. There's a checkpoint on Highway 1 which is only manned in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Coming from Chonburi, but flying from BKK, are there any restrictions for Chiang Rai? PCR test requirements?

oh please, you are coming from bkk, they won't give a monkies where you allegedly were before that.

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Coming from Chonburi, but flying from BKK, are there any restrictions for Chiang Rai? PCR test requirements?

This posted in another thread on May 20.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/chiang-rai-to-impose-strict-travel-restrictions-from-dark-red-zone-from-friday/

According to the article you’ll need a negative test and a vaccine. 

like Johnny Mac said in the previous post, the plane in coming from Bangkok so they will treat you as a person from Bangkok.

Edited by statman78

25 minutes ago, statman78 said:

This posted in another thread on May 20.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/chiang-rai-to-impose-strict-travel-restrictions-from-dark-red-zone-from-friday/

According to the article you’ll need a negative test and a vaccine. 

like Johnny Mac said in the previous post, the plane in coming from Bangkok so they will treat you as a person from Bangkok.

I presume that means that hotels in Chiang Rai are empty.

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

My wife just checked with the airport.  In order to arrive by air you will need either a negative PCR test or proof of vaccination.  The article I linked to stated that both were needed.

• Sad 1