Windows 10 version 21H1

anchadian

42 minutes ago, dddave said:

It may have been minimal, but I believe it was responsible for my computer freezing a couple of times, however I wasn't aware of the update because I have them on automatic.

It took quite a few hours for me to find out the problem, if indeed I really did, but now it seems okay – – fingers crossed again.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 3:57 PM, xylophone said:

It may have been minimal, but I believe it was responsible for my computer freezing a couple of times, however I wasn't aware of the update because I have them on automatic.

It took quite a few hours for me to find out the problem, if indeed I really did, but now it seems okay – – fingers crossed again.

Most times,  after an update,  I try to keep the PC switched on for a couple of hours and do a couple of manual restarts - especially when the PC is idle.

Idea is for it to finish up all and do any cleaning up etc.

• Like 1

Why not h2 lol?

I've had lots of freezing and sundry issues with updates over past three months.

The first Windows copy I'd ever bought having before rec'd oem, ict copies at work.

Still a POS. I was stupid for giving MSFT money for this sw. Dozens of problems. Even hotfixes need hotfixes no joke.

Edited by kynikoi

On 5/20/2021 at 3:56 PM, anchadian said:

For those who wish to update to the latest Windows 10 version 21H1. 

Why?

I have feature updates on 180 day deferral and general updates deferred by a week. I fail to understand the desire to be a guinea pig, I guess there must be some white knuckle thrill involved it watching the % climb hoping it will reboot successfully.

There are endless forced update of Windows 10 even if we don't want to update.

Microsoft really shouldn't force its users to upgrade by putting the 'update' in between shutdown and sleep button. It's a violation of user rights. Users have to be extra careful not to hit the wrong button.

All these frequent 'updates' doesn't really do anything except create more bugs and waste our time in seeing the screen 'do not shut down your computer during update'.

It's a disgrace that Microsoft has a monopoly over this.

Edited by EricTh