Hua Hin: 5,800 people have registered for vaccination slots in June - foreigners in August

webfact

9pm.jpg

Picture: talayhuahin

Local journalist Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn reported on his Facebook page that 5,800 people aged 60 plus and those with seven underlying health conditions had registered for vaccinations in Hua Hin. 

They will be given AstraZeneca vax between 7th and 11th June at facilities under the umbrella of Hua Hin Hospital. 

Others who register from now on will be vaccinated in July. 

He said that 18-59 year old Thais and foreigners would be able to register on the Mor Prom app from May 31st.

They would be vaccinated in August. 

He explained a number of restrictions and procedures concerning being vaccinated though these were unattributed and are not being translated here. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-22

• Haha 1

So cause enough confusion and blame this Vaccine Discrimination on a misunderstanding.

I doubt ant foreigner will get a Vaccine before ALL Thai's are vaccinated they are just all empty promises to shut us up and stop us complaining to our Embassies!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said that 18-59 year old Thais and foreigners would be able to register on the Mor Prom app from May 31st.

Yet a different answer regarding foreigners registering. This is from a local Thai journalist.

Judging by what's been happening so far: We need government officials and bureaucrats to give as many different combination of answers possible in the next few days.

5 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

So cause enough confusion and blame this Vaccine Discrimination on a misunderstanding.

I doubt ant foreigner will get a Vaccine before ALL Thai's are vaccinated they are just all empty promises to shut us up and stop us complaining to our Embassies!!

foreigners are an opportunity to make money - they want as many to catch covid as possible - not allowing them vaccine does just that - increases risk 

everyone that lives here should be treated equally 

I can understand somewhat the double standard when it comes to entrance to a national park. It’s a few baht more, not a big deal in the greater scheme of things.

But Thailand treating expats as poorly as they have with regard to access to vaccinations is another matter. This episode shows the country for what it is. 

Many other countries extend residency to expats who come to work or retire. Live there after a few years, pay yr taxes, and enjoy the benefits and liberties afforded to the entire population. None of this pink card, blue card business.

Do expat lives in Thailand matter? ????

Edited by ABCbangkok

On 5/22/2021 at 6:02 AM, webfact said:

They will be given AstraZeneca vax between 7th and 11th June at facilities under the umbrella of Hua Hin Hospital

Are they forseeing heavy rain then ..? 

Do it inside I would just to be on the safe side ..

• Haha 1

That article doesn't actually say what the headline says it does.

The article says both Thais and foreigners from 18-59 will be vaccinated in August, it doesn't say when foreigners over 60 will be vaccinated.

In fact I just registered today at the HHH desk set up in BlúPort Mall and was given a date of July 6 for my first dose (I'm over 60).

IMG_20210526_171641.jpg

Edited by GroveHillWanderer