What Can Visa Agent do?

Believe it or not, I have not particularly enjoyed my trips to immigration this year. It has got me thinking I might engage an agent in the future. But, my question is what can they actually do? I mean it seems like most things require the actual passport holder to show up to immigration anyway, right? 

These threads are often guess work as no clear details. Since the OP mentioned TRIPS to immigration then my guess is covid extensions. Even if that's the case the next question would be which immigration office.......spit out the details and accurate advice will be forthcoming.

11 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

The money you pay your agent basically clears the way do get what you need done. Your money is not only going to the agent ! Yes you need to be there for a big smile photo, get your 12 month extension and leave in 65 minutes......

Your assuming he needs 12 month extension. Why?

He stated TRIPS plural. For annual extension that would be one trip.

Doubt that's what he is asking about

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your assuming he needs 12 month extension. Why?

He stated TRIPS plural. For annual extension that would be one trip.

Doubt that's what he is asking about

Yes correct, TRIPS this year, ( plural ) cannot be extension, I need to read more carefully. 

Just now, Orinoco said:

that's because business is brisk now.

go figure.

Why? Currently there are covid extensions available. Very little reason for agents.

Some folk are using agents for covid extensions. The fee covers the 1900 extension fee plus all the leg work.

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Why? Currently there are covid extensions available. Very little reason for agents.

Some folk are using agents for covid extensions. The fee covers the 1900 extension fee plus all the leg work.

i don't see covid extension in OP ?

did you ?

3 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

i don't see covid extension in OP ?

did you ?

that's because business is brisk now.

go figure.

The words above are yours. Nothing to do with OP.

I was pointing out that due to Covid extensions being available that business for agents would be far from brisk

1 hour ago, CANSIAM said:

The money you pay your agent basically clears the way to get what you need done. Your money is not only going to the agent ! Yes you need to be there for a big smile photo, get your 12 month extension and leave in 65 minutes......

Took me less than 5 min. in Jomtein.

Edited by EVENKEEL
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

I have gotten my retirement extension in about

an hour ,that's at  Chiang Mai Immigration, which

used to be one of the worse.

Gosh....Britman is posting that he would fly to Vietnam (pre covid) its so bad in CM

1 hour ago, clivebaxter said:

You need an agent only if you are bone idle or do not have, or want to have the required money in the bank. But they usually get an extension from another province, which whatever they or others tell you can be problematic if you subsequently turn up at your real immigration office on a DIY basis

Not true... and not always true..