Seamstress for Alterations?

D M G

I'm looking for men's dress jacket/sport coat alterations because I lost weight. I went to several tailors, and they gave me outrageous prices! They want to sell new clothes, obviously. Any ideas? Needs to be better than a sewing machine on the street. Preferably in Jomtien.
????

I'd pick the sewing machine on the street. She has probably been sewing since she is 5 yo. We have a local guy who picks up, measures and delivers but wrong side of town.. Try asking some local Thais. Google translate is great.

Depends on what you mean by a tailor. If you mean an Indian shop front or the people who do the actual work.

The people who do the actual work for many of the shop fronts, are situated on the sois to the left of (when facing) Tukcom.

There also used to be some off soi Bua Khao; turn left just before you reach the R-Con building if coming from Pattaya Tai.

There is another on Soi 18 on Second Road; towards the end on the right hand side.

• Thanks 1

Phra Tam Nak Soi 5 has a street side talor that has done an excellent  job on shorts and pillowcases. https://goo.gl/maps/qccaysKNFYK71KuM6. Adjusting the length of the pillowcases was quoted at B160 for 2 but I asked for a discount to B100. She said ok.  I told her in BKK It would cost me B40 It's literally a 10 minute job. She said rent was high. lol 

Edited by JDJD
  • Thanks 1