Installing Panoramic Roof

Hi all,

I am about to purchase my first car, although I am not exactly young.
It will be an Isuzu MUX. Please send your congratulations ????.

My question for you all is.... do you know a good, super reliable shop where I can install a panoramic sunroof? (BKK-Chonburi area)

It is a brand new car, I have never even seen it myself, so I want to do a good job and I don't want to go to the local shop down the road, I'd like a proper expert shop that does this sort of stuff in a safe and professional manner.

I expect some fire back on insurance issues, on the viability of the idea and on the safety of an after market panoramic roof. I will read them carefully but please try to focus on my question above, which is not 'whether' to install one or not, but 'where' I can get the job done.

Thanks in advance, your help is much appreciated.

straydog.

2d0dc55a-7659-4011-b366-00ac02d06e65.jpeg

• Haha 2

Our Mu-X has a rear, roof mounted entertainment screen, could prove problematic.

There's a reason most cars here don't have sun (or moon) roofs, they let the sun in and make the interior hot.

Nice car in general, hope you have the 3 litre, we test-drove the 1.8, gutless beast ????

It's a real shame there's no BEV or PHEV available.

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Our Mu-X has a rear, roof mounted entertainment screen, could prove problematic.

There's a reason most cars here don't have sun (or moon) roofs, they let the sun in and make the interior hot.

Nice car in general, hope you have the 3 litre, we test-drove the 1.8, gutless beast ????

Thanks, Yes I went for the Ultimate 3.0 4WD. 
Could you by any chance recommend a good source for accessories and customisation? 

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Crossy said:

This is a pic of the interior, doesn't look like there is a screen. ????

Maybe a different model.

1622114954185.jpg

1 minute ago, canerandagio said:

This is a pic of the interior, doesn't look like there is a screen. ????

Maybe a different model.

Ours is the earlier model, the new one may have seat-back screens.

• Like 1

The dealer should be the most proficient and responsible for any extra... 

looks very nice - - I am not sure what makes a sunroof panoramic but Crossy is right about the heat.. you don't see many convertibles around either... 

As, other's said. Don't do it for the mentioned reasons. Also structural ridgidity in the even of a rollover accident. Unless it was perfectly done, it would eventually leak and possibly rust along the edges. I think I'd rather spend money on nich wheels and suspension upgrades, etc. Other vehicles that come with moonroofs would have been a better idea if that was your thing. I think the ford everest has one. 

• Like 1

Avoiding aftermarket panoramic roof is a wise decision.  If you have not already committed to the MUX, you could always look at a Ford Everest.  Similar type of vehicle with an OEM panoramic roof.