Tamsulosin in Thailand

taximan1954

Harnal OCAS.  Last I checked it was over 1000 THB a box. 
Try Doxazosin.  It's cheap and effective.  About 300 THB for a box of 100 4mg tables.  Start at 2mg and you can go up to 8mg per day.  Best of luck.

As others have noted it is sold over the counter but rather expensive.

This is because it is an imported drug.

Doxazosin has similar action and works as well for prostate, and costs much less if you buy one of the several locally made brands.

I suggest you ask your doctor about possibly switching from tamsulosin to doxazosin.

Note that the dosages are not equivalent. Also note that doxazosin tends to lower blood pressure whereas tamsulosin does not. In fact sometimes used just for that purpose. If you are on ant-hypertensive meds you'd need to keep an eye on your blood pressure/might need a lower dose.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1618820/

And if your blood pressure is normal to low, possible doxazosin would lower it to a point where you'd feel lightheaded or dizzy. Most people tolerate it OK, just something to be aware of.

If tamsulosin was prescribed for you by a doctor in your home country, you might try getting in touch and asking if you can change to doxazosin.

Also - very important! doses are not equivalent.

and yo ufind yo ubecoem dizzy or light headed on do

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 5/29/2021 at 5:12 PM, Sheryl said:

As others have noted it is sold over the counter but rather expensive.

This is because it is an imported drug.

Doxazosin has similar action and works as well for prostate, and costs much less if you buy one of the several locally made brands.

I suggest you ask your doctor about possibly switching from tamsulosin to doxazosin.

Note that the dosages are not equivalent. Also note that doxazosin tends to lower blood pressure whereas tamsulosin does not. In fact sometimes used just for that purpose. If you are on ant-hypertensive meds you'd need to keep an eye on your blood pressure/might need a lower dose.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1618820/

And if your blood pressure is normal to low, possible doxazosin would lower it to a point where you'd feel lightheaded or dizzy. Most people tolerate it OK, just something to be aware of.

If tamsulosin was prescribed for you by a doctor in your home country, you might try getting in touch and asking if you can change to doxazosin.

Also - very important! doses are not equivalent.

and yo ufind yo ubecoem dizzy or light headed on do

Thanks for the info ...

I see this is an ancient thread but nonetheless ...

Question HOW expensive? Is it worth stocking up in home country where I get it for free? Or are we only talking about a couple of hundred baht for a pack of 100?

I don't think based on what you've said here that doxazosin would be right for me.

1 hour ago, taximan1954 said:

I use pencor4, I cannot remember the cost but not expensive, I buy 1 year supply at a time from MEDISAFE online. I find them to be better for me than tamsulosin.

Pencor = doxazosin

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...