Spouse Tax Refund

Hey all,

So apparently im eligible for a spouse tax refund because she doesn't work. Any ideas on how to get the process rolling?

I did speak to the accountant who is charge of my salary and sorting out my taxes but they said that i and my wife need to apply for a tax refund by ourselves but they don't know how.

Thank you in advance.

You can file a joint PND91, you will get 60K tax free allowance for you spouse.

This year filing deadline is extended to June 30th for online filing.

You need 50 tawi document from employer and probably help from accountant to file for you.

Thank you for the response. I took a look at the PND 91 and have messaged the person who deals with the accounting for the company that i work at. 

Let's hope they know what i'm talking about so i can get some help filling in that form.

Im thinking of just going to the RD building near Victory Monument in Bangkok and see if i can get someone to help me.

On 5/29/2021 at 11:41 PM, NetGuy said:

I did speak to the accountant who is charge of my salary and sorting out my taxes but they said that i and my wife need to apply for a tax refund by ourselves but they don't know how.

Thank you in advance.

Sounds like a strange accountant...????

When you fill in your annual "Tax Return Form" – your accountant should know, if your accountant is "sorting out your taxes" – there is on top of both forms, P.N.D.90 and P.N.D.91 (more simple form), a field to fill in information about spouse and tax deduction for same...

PND90-head.png.30bfe017e0122739e771a4604294a65e.png

Normally tax return form need to be given before end of March month, but the deadline might have been extended due to Covid-19. You might be able to re-open an earlier form for corrections, but I have no experience with that, but if your accountant don't know, you can ask at the income tax revenue office, they are normally very kind and helpful...????

Thanks once again. Ive messaged my accountant to check if im still able to submit my application. 

The problem is i never even knew about getting a tax refund if i was married. I found out by accident not long ago.

The accountant never asked and has been submitting my taxes for me for the past 2 years . This is my third year working for the same company and it really cheeses me off giving money away for free when all it takes is one message asking are you married and ticking one box on a form.

So let me get this straight, the person in charge of sorting my yearly taxes is also in charge of filling out my marital status, stating that my wife doesn't work and i will automatically be rebated whatever im supposed to be, right?

If so, i dont really need to do anything then other than tell the accountant. (i hope)

Thanks for the tips and tricks people.

The accountant said i cant apply for it this time as the application has already been submitted but they will sort it out for next year. (hopefully,haha)