Obtaining A Work Permit

Dr. PP. The information I just provided is just exactly what I have had to do over here in Thailand. No bull. All of this happen just recently in the past month. I am opening up some businesses over here, not working for someone. An entirely different ballgame.

And by the way I am not making this up in any way shape or form. Just telling the exact things that is happening to me over here. As to you Digger and to you Dr. PP, you are very much welcomed to pay me a visit here and see my lawyer and the Advisor to the Governor in person. They will tell you just what I have said maybe perhaps more if you understand Thai. Also these individuals are bonifide and legit in the eyes of the Government of Thailand. As to the Permits I am obtaining an Expert classification which requires that I submit genuine information of my background in the fields and line of work that I am going to do over here.

Also to my understanding they have changed and modified some of the rules as of recent regarding the process now.

Daveyo :o

Dave - The question was from someone wanting to be a teacher, presumably employed by a school as opposed to some covert business. Therefore the standard tests apply. i.e a letter from a doctor / hospital confirming not a drug addict, elephantitis or alcoholic.

No 3 year drug tests or police record checks. Dont forget that in the UK (and Europe as a whole) there are very strict laws on data privacy which restricts what information can be passed without your specific consent.

I do not have experience under the expert category but my last work permit was a registered director of the company and the procedure was the same as when I was a mere employee in previous role. Both for private companies proerly set up here in Thailand.