Turf roll turf square at Pattaya ? Cannot find any plant shop selling it. I need the real grass, not fake plastic.

thweshfoyo

hola, do you know where to find real grass squares or roll around Pattaya ? Nobody has it, and nobody proposed to order it ?

it seems that it must be used within 24 hours after being cut ? so it would be better to buy it from a "grass farm" to be sure that it's fresh and will survive until I put it on soil ?

thank you.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 6:33 PM, johng said:

They sell it at the weekly (not weekends) plant market next to  Mini Siam  on Sukhumvit road North Pattaya

On 6/2/2021 at 10:12 AM, giddyup said:

The weekend plant market opposite Bangkok/Pattaya Hospital has a section near Sukhumvit road that sells lawn squares. Good price as well.

Aren't these the same place or am I confused?

• Like 1

I ordered some grass plugs and had them planted, the grass is a broad leaf type and never needs to be cut, very easy to plant, a little maintenance in the early days to keep the ground weed free

but after that no maintenance, just a little water1DC49671-01E1-4157-A119-536350381C2B.jpeg.f4e3db8e8f1d57932915265f2e9800b3.jpeg

A5729A6C-9E59-4182-9E12-8E05BF84E926.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johng said:

Most likely the same place   I thought maybe incorrectly that it wasn't a weekend market ?

It's Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but I think the grass sales are only there Sat. Sun.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thweshfoyo said:

hello,

its weird that only this market sells it ?

how possible no shop in Pattaya sells it ?

isn't it something that many people buy ?

thank you !

The average tourist or Thai isn't in need of a few sq meters of turf. This large weekend garden market, accessible to most, is the ideal place. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, thweshfoyo said:

hello,

its weird that only this market sells it ?

how possible no shop in Pattaya sells it ?

isn't it something that many people buy ?

thank you !

as @johng said seller (used to be several) along Sukhumvit past Ban Amphur on the way to Sattahip - the one I used in the past was on the northbound side. Also selling plants, stones etc. 

Most people who want grass have a vehicle to transport it so a few kms is not an issue.

I never saw a city/town centre shop selling turf in my home country so not sure why you would expect it here.......

• Haha 2