New Car battery Phuket suggestions please

Petekiwi

Hello,

I need to get a new car battery for my car tomorrow in Phuket.

Any recommendations where to go to get one?

I live near monument but don't mind driving for good service and value 

Any suggestions on which are the best batteries in Thailand?

I hear "GS" have a good reputation.

We have a 2019 Honda BRV 1.5.

Many thanks,

Pete

On 5/25/2021 at 12:12 PM, nikmar said:

Hi.

We had similar when the cat wouldnt eat after being fixed.

I waz worried wnough to ask for advice on here as well.

We were advised to go back to the vet as an infection could have set in and she was  3 or 4 days without food and as skinny as it gets.

The vet gave us a nutri gel thing and anti biotics. 2 days after injecting the gel into her mouth she was hungry again.

Maybe your little friend needs similar. 

Hope the doggy gets better mate, good luck.

On 5/25/2021 at 12:23 PM, phetphet said:

Kallo ,  low sodium chicken stock cubes are available in Tops supermarket. Also on Lazada

https://www.kallo.com/things-we-make/products/6-organic-vegetable-very-low-salt-stock-cubes/

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

i would go with a Amaron battery, something like this -  แบตเตอรี่ อมารอน Amaron GO รุ่น 65D26 R/L | Shopee Thailand

i would also check that everything is ok with your charging system as 2 years is a short life for  a car battery

Thank you.

the battery going flat was because the interior light was left on for 16hours plus. So it’s our own fault.

Also we have a dash cam hooked up that it functions when the car is off with a sensor so I think a combination of the two lead to end of the battery

8 hours ago, zzzzz said:

have u just taken it to a shop an had it checked?
they can tell ya if its good a you might only need a charge>>

20 baht vs a couple of thousand

Thank you, yes I took it for a charge for 20 baht and it ended up having zero charge after they charged it! lol

10 hours ago, steve187 said:

i would go with a Amaron battery, something like this -  แบตเตอรี่ อมารอน Amaron GO รุ่น 65D26 R/L | Shopee Thailand

i would also check that everything is ok with your charging system as 2 years is a short life for  a car battery

Thanks Steve.

I ended up getting an Amaron Battery

I found a shop called Phuket Alai who are a car parts and accessories shop

one is on the bypass and the smaller one is near mission hospital.

They were the cheapest and they look like they have been around a long time and are reputable.

The Amaron has a 2 year warranty and they said just bring it back with the receipt and they will replace it within that time frame.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, schlog said:

Never mind which battery company i always have to change them after 2 years.

My last car used a wet battery and 2 years was about all I was getting from one.

4 years ago I bought a very good condition 2003 VIOS for 159,000 baht that had a brand new set of Michelins and apparently a new battery because its been a month over 4 years now and still no problems with the battery

13 hours ago, steve187 said:

My thoughts exactly: 2019 Honda needs a new battery??? What!!!

I also have used Amarons in my pickup for the last 5 1/2 years. The first one lasted 3 years, the current one is getting a tad sluggish after 2 1/2 years. I'll probably change it on it's 3rd birthday in November.

Edit:

OK, just saw this: 

"the battery going flat was because the interior light was left on for 16hours plus. So it’s our own fault.

Also we have a dash cam hooked up that it functions when the car is off with a sensor so I think a combination of the two lead to end of the battery"

But you really should've charged it first! They can go flat and then get recharged without problems.

Edited by JetsetBkk

On 6/3/2021 at 8:26 PM, JetsetBkk said:

My thoughts exactly: 2019 Honda needs a new battery??? What!!!

I also have used Amarons in my pickup for the last 5 1/2 years. The first one lasted 3 years, the current one is getting a tad sluggish after 2 1/2 years. I'll probably change it on it's 3rd birthday in November.

Edit:

OK, just saw this: 

"the battery going flat was because the interior light was left on for 16hours plus. So it’s our own fault.

Also we have a dash cam hooked up that it functions when the car is off with a sensor so I think a combination of the two lead to end of the battery"

But you really should've charged it first! They can go flat and then get recharged without problems.

We did try to get it recharged but after doing that the battery had less charge than before so we were forced to buy a new battery.

We've had the battery a week now and there are no recharging problems and the car works well.

I make sure I switch off the air-conditioning now and close any windows or mirrors before we turn the car off to prolong the battery.

On 6/3/2021 at 5:55 PM, Denim said:

My last car used a wet battery and 2 years was about all I was getting from one.

4 years ago I bought a very good condition 2003 VIOS for 159,000 baht that had a brand new set of Michelins and apparently a new battery because its been a month over 4 years now and still no problems with the battery

That's great!

I hope we have the same result with our new battery

thank you

10 minutes ago, Petekiwi said:

We did try to get it recharged but after doing that the battery had less charge than before so we were forced to buy a new battery.

We've had the battery a week now and there are no recharging problems and the car works well.

I make sure I switch off the air-conditioning now and close any windows or mirrors before we turn the car off to prolong the battery.

I used to have a friend years ago (Thai) and if he was in my car thats what he used to do, turn everything off before I turned the engine off his theory was when you start the engine back up and everything comes on it drains the battery,

I have a truck I notice it starts much better when everything is turned off, 

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I used to have a friend years ago (Thai) and if he was in my car thats what he used to do, turn everything off before I turned the engine off his theory was when you start the engine back up and everything comes on it drains the battery,

I have a truck I notice it starts much better when everything is turned off, 

HUH:

I make sure I switch off the air-conditioning now and close any windows or mirrors before we turn the car off to prolong the battery

the air con wont run if the engine is off an what does closing windows and mirror (? ) have to do with draining the battery>
if ur battery is LOw, of course turn aircon/fan off before you start the car, but otherwise.>>
if turning everything off makes it start better your battery needs a charge
no reason to turn off BEFORE you turn the car off, just turn off before you start it

at least my view from owning cars for over 5 decades 

• Like 1