Hua Hin: Thousands who registered for vax left disappointed - there's only 930 doses - Maya Pub charges imminent

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A total of 5,800 people thought they were going to get jabbed at the hospital between June 7th and 11th after they registered.

Now they will have to wait. Some complained they had already taken time off work, others were furious at the hospital for dashing their hopes. 

I must take my hat off to those Thais that have that have access to time travel to arrive next week and have a wasted day off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry  for the poor people that  traveled got nothing  

realy can not blame hospitals they do a very difficult job in these times and i think they are also frustrated that they do not get the Vaxine 

but like  everywhere its not wat you know But WHO  you know  

i think many top figures have already got injected but say nothing  

some front line workers want but also can not get 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

C'mon guys we're in Thailand. When did you ever read something from the authorities you believed ?

In a time of universal deceit, lying has become an art form.

Edited by connda

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Jesus could feed the 5,000 with 5 loaves & 2 fish...

When you understand the number of vaccines available and how thin they have to spread, Prayut needs a similar miracle.

He can make it rain, but can he walk on water?

100 doses per bottle and 16 weeks between shots and Prayut's Your Uncle.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

In the meantime in Phuket had almost 30.000 dose left over in April and got 200.000new doses .. and that for already doomed to fail open for tourist island. Impossible to send 6.000 doses to Hua Hin??

And Phuket only needs about another 4-500k doses to reach the 70% target in 4 weeks.

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Prayuth must be ousted. The extent of his failure is historic. Could they be doing a worse job with the vaccination drive? Astonishing. 

Where is the anger, amongst the masses?

Yes, they should vote him out!

Oh, no, wait ...

17 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

In the meantime in Phuket had almost 30.000 dose left over in April and got 200.000new doses .. and that for already doomed to fail open for tourist island. Impossible to send 6.000 doses to Hua Hin??

Turf Wars.  We have it, you don't.  Who's your Daddy?  

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Prayuth must be ousted. The extent of his failure is historic. Could they be doing a worse job with the vaccination drive? Astonishing. 

Where is the anger, amongst the masses? 

There is a big difference in the logistics of collecting a fair number of fat brown envelopes vs. giving a huge number of shots in little pointy things.  Kind of like picking prime Durian fruits rather than grains of rice from a paddy. 

Be wary of those you didn't vote for. /S

1 hour ago, Petey11 said:

And Phuket only needs about another 4-500k doses to reach the 70% target in 4 weeks.

So???? The sandbox Phuket it will fail for sure.. Holidays are for fun and relaxing . but Thailand with all the restrictions is not ready yet

And why aren't charges imminent for Prayuth and Anutin, for leaving Samut Sakhon as open as a front porch, after over 900 cases were found? It was a week later when they finally decided to lock it down. Prayuth was quoted as saying he was scared of the "optics of a lockdown".

Oh yeah? You were more scared of the optics, than of a large 2nd wave, which crippled the economy, on your watch. You only had to lock down a 2km. radius, and there would not have been a 2nd wave! Massive dereliction of duty. By the time you came to your senses, seafood distributors were super spreading it all over the country.

Where does the blame really lie? And who is being blamed? The little guy, as usual. 

Get out. Get out now. You are not wanted. You are not needed. You are not competent, nor are you effective. Everything you touch, fails. Do the people a favor. Resign. Now! 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

mostly in america where Trump is pumping em' up again lol...

Trump has been become as irrelevant as I predicted he would be. He even had to close his new blog/website, as nobody seemed to care. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Trump has been become as irrelevant as I predicted he would be. He even had to close his new blog/website, as nobody seemed to care. 

75 million is far from no one, but I do agree as a 'persona' he is fading (right into custody eventually imo for taxes are a serious issue in the US). Trouble is there is a general dissatisfaction among many different factions right across America, it wouldn't take much for another dangerous candidate to be voted in down the road - but that's the essence of democracy. Democracy is similar to religion, it's a great concept until people are involved.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

75 million is far from no one, but I do agree as a 'persona' he is fading (right into custody eventually imo for taxes are a serious issue in the US). Trouble is there is a general dissatisfaction among many different factions right across America, it wouldn't take much for another dangerous candidate to be voted in down the road - but that's the essence of democracy. Democracy is similar to religion, it's a great concept until people are involved.. 

I love the Rusty Cole statement about religion in True Detective, S01. One of best written TV shows, ever. Relates to some of Trump's devotees, and to an extent, some of the few thousand souls left here, who are still buying into this administration's protestations of sincerity. 

Transference of fear and self-loathing to an authoritarian vessel is  catharsis. He absorbs their dread with his narrative. Because of this, he's effective in proportion to the amount of certainty he can project. Certain linguistic anthropologists think that religion is a language virus that rewrites pathways in the brain, and dulls critical thinking.

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thanks 1

On Saturday they announced that they had received additional vaccine, for a total of 2,514 doses and that everyone who had an appointment on 7 or 8 June would get their vaccination as planned.

As it happens, my wife got her first dose today exactly as as scheduled (and it was AstraZeneca).

Hopefully they will get additional supplies in the coming days.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer