+What is an unroadworthy vehicle especially scooters

Does having no mirrors make it unroadworthy(it should as it damgerous when they turn their head and body to check behind or move without checking)

Having straight through exhaust

Im sure there are many more especially in regard to tyres.

All the RTP would have to do is fine all those that are and they would have enough money to have every officer mobile on a bike within a month, plus save many lives.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

I've noticed a bit of a "strictening"  of rules at the ( MOT) motor vehicle testing centres for car and trucks   not really so much  for motorbikes    they check the frame and engine numbers, start it up  measure exhaust loudness sometimes/maybe an emissions test if its not billowing smoke it will  most likely pass , definitely/maybe  check if the lights and hooter work.

14 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I believe that if a vehicle or motorcycle can move under its own power then it is deemed roadworthy.

Last year my car had its first MOT check and I got complemented on the fact that the brakes actually worked!

That kind of sums it up really.

Excuse me, brakes ? a new technology ?

• Haha 2

Billy Bloggs......

I am afraid to say you are PR1CK!

You wrote....

"Does having no mirrors make it unroadworthy(it should as it damgerous when they turn their head and body to check behind or move without checking)

All the RTP would have to do is fine all those that are and they would have enough money to have every officer mobile on a bike within a month, plus save many lives."

Please explain what " Damgerous" and "Im sure" mean?

You are obviously not a biker and anyone who is trained and/or responsible when riding a bike will know not to rely on mirrors alone and always does a look behind before any manoeuvre.

I suggest you take some English Language courses and God Forbid you ever try to ride a Motorbike! 

Edited by Mario666
  • Confused 1

• 6 months later...
On 6/6/2021 at 3:17 AM, Mario666 said:

Billy Bloggs......

I am afraid to say you are PR1CK!

You wrote....

"Does having no mirrors make it unroadworthy(it should as it damgerous when they turn their head and body to check behind or move without checking)

All the RTP would have to do is fine all those that are and they would have enough money to have every officer mobile on a bike within a month, plus save many lives."

Please explain what " Damgerous" and "Im sure" mean?

You are obviously not a biker and anyone who is trained and/or responsible when riding a bike will know not to rely on mirrors alone and always does a look behind before any manoeuvre.

I suggest you take some English Language courses and God Forbid you ever try to ride a Motorbike! 

I suggest you find other things to do with your time

• Like 1

One of my bikes is ten years old.  I bought it new from a Honda dealer.

The numbers on the numberplate do not match the numbers in the green book.  They are one digit out.

No government test station has ever noticed that.  I will sort it out if they ever do.