Fit to fly certificate still needed for entry?

As of today, the Royal Thai Embassy Washington DC site says the Fit to Fly certificate is not needed, only Covid PCR test, ASQ confirmation, insurance, and COE.  The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Los Angeles site, however, says the Fit to Fly certificate is needed.

What's the story?

A fit to fly certificate has not been required since the 1st of April.

It shown on a infographic here but all the categories under it only have a dash in them.

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/visa/related-procedures-in-requesting-for-a-certificate-of-entry-and-visa-to-enter-thailand/

image.png.cd5c36a24ed173039f8e27e31e0166ea.png

The ones at the top of page show it but they are out of date.

It is also not mentioned under number 4 here on the certificate of entry website.

https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en

• Like 1

Last month (May) I received my visa from Los Angeles Consulate.  I saw that their website states 'fit to fly' is required.  But, after checking found out about the April 1st directive dropping that necessity.  When I reported for my flight to bkk last month, no one asked for a 'fit to fly' and no one asked when I arrived here.  There website is simply outdated.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hpg1955 said:

Last month (May) I received my visa from Los Angeles Consulate.  I saw that their website states 'fit to fly' is required.  But, after checking found out about the April 1st directive dropping that necessity.  When I reported for my flight to bkk last month, no one asked for a 'fit to fly' and no one asked when I arrived here.  There website is simply outdated.

Same here. I arrived here late April. FTF not required by anyone. 

Is COE needed if one has an O extension and reentry permit? Normally I'd think this a stupid question but TiT.

Insurance marriage visa? Employer insurance, Thai government SSO insurance and local Thai covid insurance?

Edited by kynikoi

11 hours ago, kynikoi said:

Is COE needed if one has an O extension and reentry permit? Normally I'd think this a stupid question but TiT.

A COE is required for everybody entering the country.

11 hours ago, kynikoi said:

Insurance marriage visa? Employer insurance, Thai government SSO insurance and local Thai covid insurance?

If entering with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage with a valid re-entry permit the only insurance required is the $100k covid 19 insurance valid for you length of stay given when you enter the country.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Surely this huge covid insurance requirement will end if you have been fully vaccinated. Huge amount of money for no reason 

I don't think the covid 19 insurance requirement will go away anytime soon. There is not enough info yet about how effective the vaccines are going to be and then there are the new variants of the virus that some may not be as effective to prevent being infected.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Surely this huge covid insurance requirement will end if you have been fully vaccinated. Huge amount of money for no reason 

Not only do I think the insurance won't go away but I don't think the quarantine will go away either there's too many chronies making huge money on that and you can bet that the usual suspects are getting a cut of that.

I expect all of this drama to go on for years. That's not just a flippant, cynical remark it's based on decades in Thailand and Southeast Asia. It's what Thailand has become a near parody of itself.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, deckape said:

I was just reading the travel requirements to enter Thailand. *Thai Nationals aren't required to submit Covid test.* 

Wow.

Alost every airline requires a negative Covid test.

I beleive that may have been the case last year when it was only repatriation flights and not commercials.

17 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Alost every airline requires a negative Covid test.

I beleive that may have been the case last year when it was only repatriation flights and not commercials.

It is still the case that Thais do not need a negative COVID test.  The airlines I booked to the US and return also do not require a test.

On 6/4/2021 at 2:36 PM, ubonjoe said:

A fit to fly certificate has not been required since the 1st of April.

It shown on a infographic here but all the categories under it only have a dash in them.

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/visa/related-procedures-in-requesting-for-a-certificate-of-entry-and-visa-to-enter-thailand/

image.png.cd5c36a24ed173039f8e27e31e0166ea.png

The ones at the top of page show it but they are out of date.

It is also not mentioned under number 4 here on the certificate of entry website.

https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en

Joe,

Just seeking quick clarification.  Discrepancy between what some Thai Embassy websites are saying and the MFA on-line "Register Guidelines" for COE.  Am planning to travel to Thailand from Europe in coming month on Visa Exempt.  Is a negative PCR result within 72 hours of travel sufficient, or, as it seems to suggest on some Embassy sites, an additional medical certificate issued by a doctor to accompany the negative test result required?

thanks, Al

19 minutes ago, AlGoRhythm said:

Am planning to travel to Thailand from Europe in coming month on Visa Exempt.  Is a negative PCR result within 72 hours of travel sufficient, or, as it seems to suggest on some Embassy sites, an additional medical certificate issued by a doctor to accompany the negative test result required?

On some sites they call the test certificate a medical certificate. That can cause some confusion.

A fit to fly certificate is certainly not required. You only need the covid 19 test result certificate dated 72 hours before departure.

Also there might be some confusion since Thais still need the fit to fly certificate since a covid test is not required for them..