large tree removal needed

johnmcc6

There is a very large tree on top of the old city wall next to the psychiatric hospital. It is in dire  need of extensive trimming or removal ,. Large limbs hang over several properties and are going to cause a lot of drama very soon. Who does one hire to do the job? There is no access available for large equipment

I would really like to get a quote and fix this problem. Anyone know a good tree removal company?.

• Confused 2

That's a job for the local government, surely.

Edit to add: You could probably get into trouble having the tree trimmed if it is not yours and on your own land - not to mention that the tree spirits would be angry.

Edited by chickenslegs
  • Like 2

What you need are Tree fellers but me and my mate are only Two. Sorry, old Irish joke.

Leave it to someone else mate unless a limb is about to fall on your roof. Otherwise go talk to a nearby monk, sure he can sort it out.

• Like 1

If its not on your property leave it alone or be prepared to pay a fine/compensation or even jail !

If its causing an issue on your property contact the Pu Yai Baan and express your concern.

If none of the above apply, basically, its none of your business.

• Like 2

The tree belongs to someone. If you damage their property, you will have to pay compensation. The wood from trees can be quite valuable in Thailand, so you could end to paying substantial compensation. If the owner or local people believe the tree had a spirit associated with it your life could end up being quite miserable.

In the same manner, if a branch from the tree falls off onto someone's house, the tree owner will have to compensate the house owner.

One thing is for sure though, and that is none of it is your business.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, johnmcc6 said:

it overhangs my property so it is my business.  I will take it up with local officials.

Common problem so pu yai baan or other official can probably help.  Good luck.