Do flights to the US demand proof of covid vaccination?

cubism001

2 hours ago, cubism001 said:

I crashed & flipped my bicycle & need to get  back.

Wow, is this story about you?  https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/05/american-ex-pat-in-pattaya-suffers-only-minor-injuries-after-reportedly-crashing-into-parked-car-and-flipping-his-own-vehicle/ 

Your airline carrier should be able to give necessary info for flying internationally as well

Edited by Skallywag
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chosenfew said:

From what I understand, you can still get back with a neg pcr test.

I’m in the same boat as I want to get back for vax in the States, just waiting for the COVID numbers to subside.

By the way, Sinovac and AZ have not been approved by the FDA in the US.

Would not be necessary for US to approve Sinovac or AZ  , if the WHO has given approval of their use as  a valid  vaccine the US FDA may not alow their injection in US citizens but cannot bar others from outside US to inter with valid/approved by WHO vaccines.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Chosenfew said:

I’m in the same boat as I want to get back for vax in the States, just waiting for the COVID numbers to subside.

Full FDA approval could drive vaccinations, but experts advise against waiting

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/full-fda-approval-could-drive-vaccinations-but-experts-advise-against-waiting/ar-AAKLmG9?li=BBnb7Kz

At the same time, McDeavitt would also encourage people not to wait for approval if they plan to get the vaccine.

"If you wait a month or two or three, you're exposing yourself to risk that is unnecessary and preventable," he said. "[The COVID-19 vaccine is] free, it's incredibly safe and it's readily available. In my personal opinion, it makes no sense to wait."

Dr. John Brownstein, an epidemiologist at Boston Children's Hospital and an ABC News contributor, said that if waiting for approval gets more people vaccinated, that's a positive, but he also said there are risks in waiting as COVID-19 transmission remains active.

On 6/6/2021 at 3:21 PM, Skallywag said:

Wow, is this story about you?  https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/05/american-ex-pat-in-pattaya-suffers-only-minor-injuries-after-reportedly-crashing-into-parked-car-and-flipping-his-own-vehicle/ 

Your airline carrier should be able to give necessary info for flying internationally as well

He said, bicycle, and if that guy is 60, damn I look good.

13 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Dr. John Brownstein, an epidemiologist at Boston Children's Hospital and an ABC News contributor, said that if waiting for approval gets more people vaccinated, that's a positive, but he also said there are risks in waiting as COVID-19 transmission remains active.

Shame that he didn't mention that 99% plus people are not in the high risk category, something just doesn't sound right when it's all push push push for a virus that only effect predominantly, will say that again predominantly, the elderly. 

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, USNret said:

You do not need PCR test. Rapid Antigen will suffice. Faster (2 hour results) and 50% cheaper than PCR. 

Yes, all the US requires for entry is the rapid antigen test; however, at least some of the airlines are requiring the RT-PCR test......so best to check with the involved airline so there's no refusal to board at the airport.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 8:37 AM, Chosenfew said:

Good. Sinojunk is the lowest quality Vax out there. Astro is second.

Typical of the clowns to seek out the bottom of the barrel. That is just who they are, and why they need to be ousted.

37 minutes ago, suzannegoh said:

Within 3 days of departing Thailand or of landing in the US?

Within 3 days of the time you take your first international flight back to the US (I'm not sure what happens if there is any undue delay on stopovers).  The checking for this testing will happen by your airline (essentially, for US citizens, nothing is done back at US airports). 

I just made the trip.... JAL from BKK to SEA via NRT. I got the rapid antigen test two days before boarding; got the test results 2 hours later. JAL accepted the report during the ticketing process, but strangely they don't do the Attestation process until you join your connecting flight at Narita. They make everyone get in line at the transit counter in NRT to do the attestation... and that is AFTER a complete security rescreening of your bags, confiscating liquids, etc., even though you remain in the secure transit area the entire time.