Clinic or hospital for ear cleaning?

The last time, maybe 4 or 5 years ago, a Chula doctor did the job for me. I think it was 1100 baht. He had a clinic on Sukhumvit soi 22. Haven't been that way in a long time but I'm guessing he may have closed it down since there are no tourists and few resident expats around these days. 

I have a friend who is also in need. He's a bit fearful since he has only one working ear, the left one being deaf due to a childhood disease.

Any recommendations @Sheryl or others with good experience? 

Have never done in Thailand but would do in hospital setting where they have proper monitor systems inplace.  Had done in USA 30 years ago and was so dizzy could not even walk for about an hour - have avoided since.  Speak up.  ????

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Puccini said:

In Bangkok, I had a good experience at the outpatient department of Saint Louis Hospital on Sathon Road. I went there, a few years ago, because it was close to the place where I lived.

Good to know. I'm registered there and liked my outpatient experience there in April.

How time flies! I looked it up and it was in December 2014 that I had my ears cleaned at Saint Louis Hospital. Unlike in Italy, where my local GP used a giant Syringe filled with water to wash out my ears, the dottoressa at Saint Louis had sophisticated equipment at her disposal, went into the ears with a tube with a camera attached to it,  softened up the wax and sucked it out gently. On a large monitor on the wall I could watch the camera video live. Including the obligatory weighing in and blood pressure check on arrival, this luxury treatment cost me all of 810 Baht at that time.

181415257_SaintLouisHospital.thumb.jpg.94ab7de2d48b5ca3b124c16520378d11.jpg

• Thanks 1