Change Of Marriage Laws

jimbabe

Has anyone heard anything like this? It doesnt seem possible. Could it be that farangs who marry thaiss after next year will not haave same rights/privildges as before? DONT LET THIS BE START OF RUMOR

Has anyone heard anything like this? It doesnt seem possible. Could it be that farangs who marry thaiss after next year will not haave same rights/privildges as before? DONT LET THIS BE START OF RUMOR

What rights? :o

What privileges? :D

:D

Technically you are correct and its in the old constitution along those lines.

However the application of the law is different. I also understand there was a challenge to this based on the constitution a number of years ago that failed.

No and where did you hear it from?????

From a buriram girl and her friend

You can have your name on house papers, you can apply for permaent residency, you can own a car

Technically you are correct and its in the old constitution along those lines.

However the application of the law is different. I also understand there was a challenge to this based on the constitution a number of years ago that failed.

Are you saying there is such a law but it has not been enforced. And could that be changed? Is the constitution suspended now?

whatever it is the expression "outlawing marriages" is bullsh*t²!

You can have your name on house papers, you can apply for permaent residency, you can own a car

all of which you can do without being married :D

Not too long ago in many countries including the U.S. interracial marriages were "outlawed"

all of which you can do without being married :D

And just as easily?

Not too long ago in many countries including the U.S. interracial marriages were "outlawed"

more bull! :o

Interracial marriage was never illegal in the USA it was frowned upon but never illegal. In the southern states before the civil war it may have been state law (and it still may well be in some of the more "confederate" states on the books anyway) but it was never illegal in a federal USA.

post-36275-1179913384.jpg

post-36275-1179913384.jpg

:o:D:D

I don't know what is truth or fiction but I do depend on thaivisa to give me the true facts not a bunch of hearsay

and I sure would not trust any thing from some thai girl now it is my understanding if you choose to marry a thai girl you must provide documents of your divorce if you were married before and they must be translated in to thai and if you were never married you must get the paper given to you by the local J/P notorized by your embassy they gave me two one in thai & one in Eng. they both must be notorized by my embassy which I am going to do in June I will post any info I get that may be worth while

I don't know what is truth or fiction but I do depend on thaivisa to give me the true facts not a bunch of hearsay

and I sure would not trust any thing from some thai girl now it is my understanding if you choose to marry a thai girl you must provide documents of your divorce if you were married before and they must be translated in to thai and if you were never married you must get the paper given to you by the local J/P notorized by your embassy they gave me two one in thai & one in Eng. they both must be notorized by my embassy which I am going to do in June I will post any info I get that may be worth while

You must be "free to marry" so either never married or have a "Decree Absolute" or equivalent, your embassy will validate this and it must be translated by an approved translation service.

I would recomend you use a translation service that does the lot, it costs but IMHO is well worth it, PM me for a good one

cheers

Interracial marriage was never illegal in the USA it was frowned upon but never illegal. In the southern states before the civil war it may have been state law (and it still may well be in some of the more "confederate" states on the books anyway) but it was never illegal in a federal USA.

I'd say frowned upon is a far cry from what happened to people who tested the system.

In 1664, Maryland became the first American colony to ban interracial marriages. By 1750, all southern colonies, plus Massachusetts and Pennsylvania outlawed marriages between two people of different races. The California Supreme Court in 1948 became the first high court in the nation to strike down this “definition” of marriage as a union between two people of the same race as a violation of principles of equal protection of the laws. It was not until 1967 that the United States Supreme Court, in Loving v. Virginia, held unconstitutional similar restrictions on who could marry that remained on the books in Virginia and fifteen other states until only 30 years ago.

Loving v. Virginia, 388 U.S. 1 (1967), was a landmark civil rights case in which the United States Supreme Court declared Virginia's anti-miscegenation statute, the "Racial Integrity Act of 1924", unconstitutional, thereby ending all race-based legal restrictions on marriage in the United States.

Despite this ruling, such laws rested unenforced in several states until 2000 when Alabama became the last state to remove its law against mixed-race marriage.

but it was never illegal in a federal USA

a "federal" USA is a technicality

If a cross was being burnt outside a couples house.. I doubt yelling "But this is a federtation of STATES!" would help. If you get my point.. but I see your argument.

Edited by LaReina

Consider the possibility that this Buriram girl invented this rumour in order to rush her farang boy friend into marrying her.

And please do us all the favour of refraining from posting such harebrained and completely unfounded rumours in the future.

*** Topic closed ***

--------------

Maestro