Samui welcomes fully vaccinated domestic tourists without quarantine

webfact

B38E759C-EDCE-4EBB-92C1-8F2A9ED230CE.jpg

Samui Island is now welcoming fully vaccinated tourists, from within Thailand, without the need to go through a 14-day quarantine, according to Samui Island District Chief Teerapong Chuaychoo.

Citing a written announcement by Surat Thani provincial Governor Wichawut Jinto, dated Monday June 7th, Mr. Teerapong said that the island is ready to welcome tourists who have received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and those with negative results issued no more than 72 hours prior to arrival, as more than 50% of the island’s population have now been vaccinated.

Hoping to revive the tourism industry on the island, the local authorities and tourist operators will discuss ways to promote tourism and to prepare for arriving tourists, both domestic and international.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/samui-welcomes-fully-vaccinated-domestic-tourists-without-quarantine/

Logo-top-.png

The inconsistent news coming out daily, is invoking a massive degree of confusion. Just yesterday I heard the "sandbox plan" required tourists to stay on Samui for one week, then they could go to Phangan or Dark Tao for another week, before they would be "allowed" to travel around the country. Of course a very dumb plan like this assumes a high percent of tourists will stay in Thailand for two weeks or longer, which is not the case with most tourists. 

Is this new plan something that only relates to domestic tourism? Or, is Samui finally showing Prayuth and his ultra timid health minister some much needed defiance?

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The inconsistent news coming out daily, is invoking a massive degree of confusion. Just yesterday I heard the "sandbox plan" required tourists to stay on Samui for one week, then they could go to Phangan or Dark Tao for another week, before they would be "allowed" to travel around the country. Of course a very dumb plan like this assumes a high percent of tourists will stay in Thailand for two weeks or longer, which is not the case with most tourists. 

Is this new plan something that only relates to domestic tourism? Or, is Samui finally showing Prayuth and his ultra timid health minister some much needed defiance?

This is for  domestic tourists. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Its for domestic tourists...

198172116_326299159028394_75688898251273

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Until they end this regulatory nonsense Mrs Connda and I will be remaining home and spending our money on Lazada.  New guitar and amp coming soon. I'm not dancing to any music but my own. 
But feel free to tell us all how domestic tourism is bringing billions into dead tourism locations and the dying business are flowing again like April Lilly's.  Sure.  ????