$100,000 Covid insurance

madmitch

I have a 76 year old friend who is coming to Thailand under the Phuket sandbox scheme (hopefully)

He will need the $100,000 Covid proection, despite having both vaccinations.

I've looked at a couple of the recommended policies but they are not available to over 75s.

Anyone have any idea where he might find a policy to cover him?

I will continue looking but if someone has an answer it would help.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

if it is only the 100k covid he needs then www.covid19.tgia.org. 

Age does not matter

That's what I was looking for. Google didn't bring it up in a search

Thanks a lot

On 6/9/2021 at 4:38 PM, Greenwich Boy said:

if it is only the 100k covid he needs then www.covid19.tgia.org. 

Age does not matter

Thanks for that GB, I am just home from SCB where I was rejected for their Covid policy because I do not have a wofk permit. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rott said:

Thanks for that GB, I am just home from SCB where I was rejected for their Covid policy because I do not have a wofk permit. 

The "Covid" policies sold by SCB are actually whole life insurance policies with a rider providing some cover for Covid. The insurer providing these policies via SCB is a life insurance company and life insurance companies sometimes require a work permit for whole life policies. I suspect this is driven by a regulation regarding selling investment products, which is what a whole life policy is. A life insurance policy is usually not a cost-effective way to cover Covid, especially if you have no need or desire for life insurance.

You might want to contact a broker to discuss better options.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

The "Covid" policies sold by SCB are actually whole life insurance policies with a rider providing some cover for Covid. The insurer providing these policies via SCB is a life insurance company and life insurance companies sometimes require a work permit for whole life policies. I suspect this is driven by a regulation regarding selling investment products, which is what a whole life policy is. A life insurance policy is usually not a cost-effective way to cover Covid, especially if you have no need or desire for life insurance.

You might want to contact a broker to discuss better options.

Yes, I was just looking for a cheap approx 1000 baht policy for a farang which does not seem to exist. ????

7 hours ago, rott said:

Yes, I was just looking for a cheap approx 1000 baht policy for a farang which does not seem to exist. ????

I think there are some personal accident policies available in that price range that provide a limited amount of medical expense coverage for Covid, perhaps thb100,000 or thb200,000 plus a larger amount for death. I think there are a couple of insurance brokers that advertise on Thai Visa that may be able to help you.