4m king cobra, another cobra captured by snake hunters in Trang province

webfact

King-Cobra2.jpg

Snake hunters have managed to capture one four-metre long king cobra and another cobra in Ban Kok Kor village, Ban Pho sub-district of Thailand’s southern province of Trang.

One of the snake hunting team members was, however, bitten by the cobra before it was captured by his colleagues. He was rushed to the nearest hospital for treatment.

The search for the poisonous snakes in Ban Kok Kor was in its second day today (Wednesday) as the reptile hunters from Nakhon Si Thammarat and Surat Thani provinces joined toxicology officials to comb the oil palm plantation in the village, to look for the highly venomous serpents which had been sighted crawling across the road in the village on an almost daily basis.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/4m-king-cobra-another-cobra-captured-by-snake-hunters-in-trang-province/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

Why are they not carrying anti venom? If this is a full time job I would have thought it would be a necessity.

Maybe Thai superstition, if you do have anti venom, you get bitten.

Probably thats why Thai dont wear a helmet in traffic

3 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Depressing. The cruel way in which animals are treated in Thailand is astonishing in a country which describes itself as Buddhist.

What cruelty has been displayed in this operation? The snakes were captured and released elsewhere

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

Why are they not carrying anti venom? If this is a full time job I would have thought it would be a necessity.

How do you know they were not carrying anti venom? It is a standard precaution after administering such drugs to monitor the subject closely preferably in hospital

14 minutes ago, RobU said:

How do you know they were not carrying anti venom? It is a standard precaution after administering such drugs to monitor the subject closely preferably in hospital

I dont know but the article says he was taken to hospital for treatment. It did not say he was treated and taken to hospital.  The longer the journey the less time a person as of living, maybe only 15 to 30 minutes. A professional team would have someone trained to give anti venom and yes I know this is Thailand

Edited by Asquith Production
add text