Checks on Sarasin bridge?

kiwiaussie

I had thought they were stopping and checking everyone, but I recently read that they only appear to be doing spot checks.  Nonetheless, if you have everything mentioned in the graphic you should be OK.  

Also, I should mention it as it seems to have caused some confusion that you will be considered a domestic arrival in Phuket.  So you shouldn't be overly concerned about the Phuket Sandbox rules which apply only to international arrivals.  So you don't have to stay in SHA Plus accommodations, you don't have to stay for 14 days, etc.

IMG_1343.JPG.8d62e0355d762b8470625d85729a3479.jpg

• Like 1

My wife's sister and her husband, and two children, came to visit in Phuket over the weekend, driving to Phuket from Ranong. All 4 of them have been vaccinated (they stayed in a local hotel in Phuket).   They were not stopped at Sarasin bridge, although they did note some other cars were stopped, .. and they speculated either random checks or 'targeted' checks based on the what the officials saw in the car when it slowed down to pass through.

On the way back to Ranong a few days later, when entering Ranong, they were stopped at a Ranong checkpoint and asked for proof of vaccine or for proof of recent COVID test.  They had their Vaccination proof 'on-line' and the internet connection was horrible at the checkpoint (into Ranong).  It took them a long time to produce their vaccination proof.

So they recommended to my Thai wife (who has been vaccinated - both jabs) that she should place a scanned copy of her vaccination paperwork not only 'online' but also on her local device (tablet or smartphone) - in case Internet connection bad.

Me?  As a retired 67-year old, I'm still waiting for my first opportunity to get vaccinated in Phuket (I prefer not to leave the province to go get vaccinated).  I suspect such an opportunity is over a month or two away for those in my situation (ie not on a work visa- but on a 'retirement' permission to stay) - but I diverge.  Sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i've read you MUST have proof of Negative test before entering any other part of thailand if coming from Phuket, 

such as

HKT-BKK negative test required.

HKT -UTP negative test required.

so driving out will be(should be) the same

• Like 1
  • Haha 1