Traveling to Thailand fully vaccinated - quarantine?

Is there already a regulation for foreigners who work in Thailand, get vaccinated in Thailand, travel abroad, and return to Thailand?

As far as I know in the moment everybody has to go into quarantine.

But with more and more people getting vaccinated I expect there will be some no-quarantine-for-vaccinated-travelers exception.

Does anybody of you have reliable information about this?

15 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Hard to say how this will play out.  As said above, the Phuket sandbox is a great concept to watch.

I'm leaving in a few weeks and won't be back until I can either quarantine at home, or for only 3 days.  And yes, I'm fully aware that could be a very long time.

Thanks

I think there is no downside for Thailand to open up for fully vaccinated people - especially if the vaccination was done in Thailand and there is an official Thai record.

This is why I expect that won't take too long. But maybe that is just wishful thinking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks

I think there is no downside for Thailand to open up for fully vaccinated people - especially if the vaccination was done in Thailand and there is an official Thai record.

This is why I expect that won't take too long. But maybe that is just wishful thinking.

Most of Europe has already opened up for vaccinated people. I am sure Thailand in conjunction to what will be happening in the Phuket sand-box will be keeping an eye on what is happening in Europe. I am sure if things in Phuket work out, and Europe is having a successful summer season . Thailand will not leave all that money on the table, and will soon be doing the same. 

As critical as I am of some of the things the government does, I actually congratulate them for their caution in the covid policy, the pressure to open up From all different segments of the economy  must be incredible.

We have plans to travel to Greece late August -early September, depending how things go, I am very confident that if we leave then, by the time we come back there will be few restrictions . 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Most of Europe has already opened up for vaccinated people. I am sure Thailand in conjunction to what will be happening in the Phuket sand-box will be keeping an eye on what is happening in Europe. I am sure if things in Phuket work out, and Europe is having a successful summer season . Thailand will not leave all that money on the table, and will soon be doing the same. 

As critical as I am of some of the things the government does, I actually congratulate them for their caution in the covid policy, the pressure to open up From all different segments of the economy  must be incredible.

We have plans to travel to Greece late August -early September, depending how things go, I am very confident that if we leave then, by the time we come back there will be few restrictions . 

Agreed.

The more people get vaccinated in Thailand the more will want to travel and return without quarantine. It's only a question of time.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks

Below is an example of the certificate issued in Thailand for someone who has been fully vaccinated. One would hope that Thai immigration/customs can just scan the code on the certificate to get database proof that the person has been fully vaccinated.

Vaccine Certificate.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sirineou said:

Most of Europe has already opened up for vaccinated people.

I do not believe that is the case in the majority of Europe. There may be a few countries but i have not checked.
As far as I am aware i n most countries there is not yet any exemption from the testing and quarantine requirements.
Even going to Portugal from UK, when on green zone, being vaccinated made no difference.
If you are going anywhere in Europe, you need to check.

Its more likely IMHO that by the end of the year you may not be able to fly international without being fully vaccinated.

1 hour ago, jojothai said:

I do not believe that is the case in the majority of Europe. There may be a few countries but i have not checked.
As far as I am aware i n most countries there is not yet any exemption from the testing and quarantine requirements.
Even going to Portugal from UK, when on green zone, being vaccinated made no difference.
If you are going anywhere in Europe, you need to check.

Its more likely IMHO that by the end of the year you may not be able to fly international without being fully vaccinated.

France, Spain, Greece, Cyprus, Croatia,  allow travel for vaccinated foreigners.

Germany, Denmark, Slovenia, Latvia, Estonia, Austria, Poland, and Lithuania to a limited extend. 

https://www.dw.com/en/which-eu-countries-accept-vaccinated-travelers/a-57808870 . 

I am sure Thailand and the rest of the European countries that allow limited vaccinated travel will  be keeping an eye on the first five countries to see how it is going. If it goes well there will be tremendous internal pressure from vested interests to emulate IMO. 

22 hours ago, sirineou said:

France, Spain, Greece, Cyprus, Croatia,  allow travel for vaccinated foreigners.

Germany, Denmark, Slovenia, Latvia, Estonia, Austria, Poland, and Lithuania to a limited extend. 

https://www.dw.com/en/which-eu-countries-accept-vaccinated-travelers/a-57808870 . 

I am sure Thailand and the rest of the European countries that allow limited vaccinated travel will  be keeping an eye on the first five countries to see how it is going. If it goes well there will be tremendous internal pressure from vested interests to emulate IMO. 

Travel within "europe".

As i understand it is restricted mainly to EU and EEA with a few other countries that have done well.

The article says its going to he in effect 1 july.

I see that some EU countries have started it earlier, which is good to know thanks.

I note the uk is excluded.

Its very limited at this time, but a start.

Its relatively easy for the EU to do this if they now have a common database of vaccination records. A different situation with other countries worldwide where certification can easily be forged.

11 hours ago, jojothai said:

Travel within "europe".

As i understand it is restricted mainly to EU and EEA with a few other countries that have done well.

The article says its going to he in effect 1 july.

I see that some EU countries have started it earlier, which is good to know thanks.

I note the uk is excluded.

Its very limited at this time, but a start.

Its relatively easy for the EU to do this if they now have a common database of vaccination records. A different situation with other countries worldwide where certification can easily be forged.

Yes indeed, a good start.

Each European country has it's own restrictions, concerning what other countries are allowed.

IMO if you are vaccinated,  you are either safe. or you are not. What country you come from makes little deference, other than that in some countries it might be difficult to determine id a person is truly vaccinated, and some countries might have a very high rate of covid and/or dangerous variants, I expect more countries to be included as conditions improve there in the next couple of months.

France excludes the UK as far as I know, but I think the problem from the UK was the return, as some of these European countries were placed in a red category, but as of a few days ago Spain , Portugal , and Greece were removed from the red list and downgraded to  Amber. So I don't think travel there is no longer an issue for people from the UK.  

I mostly know about Greece, because we will be going there later this summer. But my main point, regardless of the specifics is that I am sure Thailand is monitoring development there. and if things work out well, I am sure they will take that into consideration.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. ????

• Like 1