Thailand’s state funded quarantine option may be withdrawn from July 1st

webfact

2 hours ago, nickmondo said:

it does not apply to farangs.  never has. it is a pointless post.  take no notice

come on Admin.......no need for stuff that does not apply to us

Spouses

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

They should allow Thais, who are returning for their first repatriation since COVID restrictions began, one free SQ. IMO. Or put them up in the lower-tier ASQ hotels, free of charge.

no, better to only pay for expats living in Thailand since they are worth more when it comes to spending money in Thailand. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Excel said:

Why ?

I guess this has come up because many Thais, certainly a number of whom I know, have been in and out a number of times visiting 'relatives' and/or 'boyfriends' and had free quarantine when they return.  The government may well consider this taking the p1ss, which, of course, it is, so they are going to clamp down on it.  Fair enough to get it free on your first return, but multiple returns?  No, make the boyfriend pay. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Now I know who has benefitted from the plush 5 star amenity filled State sponsored quarantine facilities.  Wow, dog and pony show now it seems.

The OP is referring to the withdrawal of state-sponsored quarantine facilities and clearly states that those who have used it will, in future, have to use ASQ (the plush 5 star amenity filled private quarantine) facilities where the cost is paid directly to the hotels, not the state.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nickmondo said:

it does not apply to farangs.  never has. it is a pointless post.  take no notice

Come on, nickmondo, this forum is not only for foreigner-related topics and some of us like to know what else is going on in Thailand.

2 hours ago, dallen52 said:
5 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I thought all land borders were closed???

Good pick up..

Another worthless comment from the ministry of silly walks...

No, it wasn't "a good pick up", neither was the OP "another worthless comment from the ministry of silly walks" [sic].

Pity he, and you, didn't pick up on the first three lines of the heading where it refers only to those entering by air.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

1 hour ago, worldview said:

I would only wish that the government would allow home quarantine for those residents who enter the country with valid proof of vaccination - that would allow those of us who will probably wait until October or later to get vaccinated in Thailand, to leave, get vaccinated and then return to Thailand without having to go thru the onerous quarantine restrictions - but I won't hold my breath!  ????

Does you own country offer that facility to those requiring quarantine or do you think that just Thailand should allow it because you want your return to be easier?

• Like 1

I sure like the statement  "CCSA would have arrivals pay for their own quarantine "

Quarantine is quarantine 14 days and you pay for it when you arrive in Thailand.

Nobody will come until they remove the quarantine. It just add $3k more to a trip to Thailand. 

For now, it is not  economical to visit Thailand. Why I would pay for quarantine when I can visit Greece or Spain with no quarantine.. They have girls there too,  great food and nice beaches.....and trip from home is shorter...

I would like somebody to tell me what will it attract me to come and visit Thailand now.

It is good enough information for everyone......perhaps the tittle was missing the point (Thai citizens only ). 

I personally know already that this article is about only Thai citizens but I wanted to read about it and I am sure that is very helpful for people who are married or have any kind of bond with a Thai citizen so for me it is a thumps up. 

• Like 1

Ha ha ha ha. "The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) decided ....... in late March, because far fewer people have been arriving from abroad compared to the pre-pandemic period". 

So the peering into the Siamese crystal ball revealed after 12 months the fact, that less people arrive than before! Bravo, congratulations, give all those CCSA-members a medal without further delay. 

Those FOC quarantine visitors were all Thai and, for obvious reasons, the arrival proportion between Thai and foreign citizen strongly tilted towards the Siamese as quite a few came "home" because they had to (family affairs etc.). 

But taking the financial disaster of THB 300 billion and yet now another THB 500 billion would make the expense of state quarantine sort of an 
invisible element - me thinks! 

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it wasn't "a good pick up", neither was the OP "another worthless comment from the ministry of silly walks" [sic].

Pity he, and you, didn't pick up on the first three lines of the heading where it refers only to those entering by air.

The last three lines referred to land borders still being open. Clearly, that point is significant to some people, and they are discussing it. You can stand down.

5 hours ago, UTH001 said:

Slight difference in cost of living between the two countries, I guess?

"Slight" being the operative word. No justification whatsoever for a single fixed price of over £1700 for 10 nights.

44 minutes ago, biggles45 said:

According to google, the Philippines, a much poorer country than Thailand, repatriated 327,000+ overseas workers in 2020. They did 14 day quarantine at no cost to them. Thai govt has  submarines to pay for!! 

Don't forget the tanks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cheaper to pay off some people at the border to avoid the expensive quarantine facilities.  

Heres an example:

Eleven Hotel Bangkok is a brand new 4-star ASQ hotel located in the popular Sukhumvit Soi 11 just 4 minutes away from Nana BTS station. The hotel is offering modern, clean and spacious rooms for a comfortable quarantine in Bangkok.

Package of 14 days stay:
• Deluxe Room – 25-29 sqm. (single occupancy): THB 38,900 net
• Executive Room with Bathtub – 36 sqm. (single occupancy): THB 52,000 net
Additional person
• Family package is available on hotel’s website

What’s included in the stay?

Hotel Services provided by Eleven Hotel
• A stay in a modern room
• Full board (3 meals a day per person)
• Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access in room
• Complimentary Airport pick-up service
• 43” smart TV with national and international channels
• Complimentary coffee & tea and drinking water in room
• Complimentary mask, hand sanitizer, and thermometer
• 20% discount of Room Service

Medical Services by World Medical Hospital
• Nasal swab test for COVID-19 RT-PCR (total of 3 times)
• 24-hours on-site nursing service
• 24-hours emergency ambulance service transfer from hotel to hospital (Additional Charge)
• Doctor’s consultation via video call between 8:00 hrs and 17:00 hrs (Additional Charge)

Other Services
• Exercise machines for rent – starts from THB 4,200
• PlayStation for rent – starts from THB 4,200
• Netflix Box for rent – starts from THB 1,230
• MI Stick for rent – starts from THB 1,490

Terms & conditions:

1. This package is subject to government established regulations for the health observation of all arrivals, inclusive of the in-room seclusion during the entire stay.
2. For staying together, it is possible as you have to send some required document to us during the booking process. Please contact the hotel for more information

Contact us for more information and reservation:
Email: [email protected]
Tel.: +66 (0)2 080 3111

Address:
11 Sukhumvit 11, Bangkok 10110, Thailand

soli.jpeg

10 hours ago, nickmondo said:

Some of us have significant others who are Thai.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The OP is referring to the withdrawal of state-sponsored quarantine facilities and clearly states that those who have used it will, in future, have to use ASQ (the plush 5 star amenity filled private quarantine) facilities where the cost is paid directly to the hotels, not the state.

I see sarcasm is truly lost on your poor soul.  Try to read the post again and think outside of the box.

What's the difference between ASQ and State Quarantine?

I thought there was only ASQ as an option?

Or be vaccinated?

If anyone could answer that, I would be grateful ???? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

New Zealand originally provided free quarantine for its returning citizens in all circumstances, but then subsequently placed restrictions on it because of the huge cost. It is still free if you remain for 180 days I think. So, if you live there permanently it is effectively free for you in most cases, but if you reside in another country and just make a short visit then you have to pay.

Should be the same here, jetting in and out - no way- maybe 1 freebie for Thais and maybe long term expats residents who got stranded O/S, provided you stay here for xx months, but no second bite of the cherry

13 hours ago, Excel said:

Why ?

Well, firstly because 14-days quarantine is mandated. There are few jabs available. All this means is that the junta has milked that cow dry. What will happen when Delta ramps up as it has elsewhere? It's govt's responsibility to protect the public.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, alexlm said:

What's the difference between ASQ and State Quarantine?

I thought there was only ASQ as an option?

Or be vaccinated?

If anyone could answer that, I would be grateful ???? 

Difficult to believe there are people here that don't know that after all this time.

SQ= State Quarantine - for Thai nationals only.  Basic accommodation and food are free. Not sure if any extras are available.

Guests cannot choose their hotel - it is allocated on arrival.  Various reports on the rooms, they seem to be more or less 2*& 3* hotels.

ASQ = Alternative State Quarantine - open to both Thai nationals and foreigners but it must be paid for. Most hotels (all?) include the required Covid testing and transfers from the airport in their package prices.

A range of hotels of most grades are available. The guest chooses their hotel and books it in advance as part of the requirements for C.O.E.

At the moment there is no requirement nor benefit to being vaccinated as a guest in either SQ or ASQ.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Well, firstly because 14-days quarantine is mandated. There are few jabs available. All this means is that the junta has milked that cow dry. What will happen when Delta ramps up as it has elsewhere? It's govt's responsibility to protect the public.

I agree it is the government's responsibility but so far they have totally ignored 98% of the people nationwide so I doubt that they are motivated to start accepting their responsibility now. 

20 hours ago, crazykopite said:

More BS in truth they are running out of money you only have to see the amount of borrowing over the last few months This time next year Thailand is going to be in deep deep trouble and these incompetent fools haven't got a clue how to avert it .

Quite right, Army Muppets and billionaires haven't any intellect when it comes to trying to run a country.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

They should allow Thais, who are returning for their first repatriation since COVID restrictions began, one free SQ. IMO. Or put them up in the lower-tier ASQ hotels, free of charge.

No charge. 

image.png.3e9a9ec5814ea033e1135b946412f898.png

23 hours ago, nickmondo said:

The post sounded like it applied to us. Dang!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, UTH001 said:

In your dreams, haha! I did a 'cheap' quarantine in BKK and that cost me Bt. 36,000 (last week!)!

They mentioned possible cheap quarantine for Thais, but farangs get their pockets picked.

The powers-that-be figure Thailand is so darn attractive they don't have to worry about their reputation. That's how good reputations turn bad. Arrogance.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1