Bangkok: Korean arrested at Nonthaburi condo returned to Thailand after "ice" bust

webfact

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thailand's drugs police have arrested a Korean man they named as Kim Chul Yun at a condo on Nakhon-in Road in Nonthaburi. 

The arrest came after authorities at Incheon Airport in South Korea arrested a Thai man with 4,040.49 grams of crystal meth worth 341 million baht, reported Daily News.

The arrest led to Kim in Bangkok. There were no drugs at his place but drug taking equipment was discovered. 

The Korean authorities assisted in the arrest.

Kim was found to have been sentenced to 2 years 11 months in Thailand for possession and dealing in meth. After serving time he was then deported and blacklisted.

He managed to return to Thailand where the secretary of the Narcotics Control Board Wichai Chaimongkhol says he continued his drug dealing ways as evidenced by many phone calls. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-12

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

Kim was found to have been sentenced to 2 years 11 months in Thailand for possession and dealing in meth. After serving time he was then deported and blacklisted.

I hope the second time around he gets a more worthy sentence..

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The arrest came after authorities at Incheon Airport in South Korea arrested a Thai man with 4,040.49 grams of crystal meth worth 341 million baht, reported Daily News.

I wonder how the drugs managed to get from Thailand to Korea before being traced at Incheon?

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He managed to return to Thailand where the secretary of the Narcotics Control Board Wichai Chaimongkhol says he continued his drug dealing ways as evidenced by many phone calls. 

So much for the Smart immigration gates and cars...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, smedly said:

This guy stayed in Pattaya in my condo building before, I remember this story back then

When was this? I have a feeling this guy didn't do very long inside.

Kim was found to have been sentenced to 2 years 11 months in Thailand for possession and dealing in meth. 

Clever wording says he was sentenced to 2 years an 11 months but it doesn't say how long he served.  I know a Thai guy that murdered a foreigner got life and was out in less than 3. I would be very surprised if this guy did 6 months.

It's amazing what difference being Asian can make isn't it? if this guy were western they would throw away the key.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JamieM said:

It's amazing what difference being Asian can make isn't it? if this guy were western they would throw away the key

Nah, I think you will find it is more to do with how much money is being handed over. 

The Thai cops take Korean won, US dollars, any currency.

The clever wording you refer to was written by a white guy working at TVF. No conspiracy there.

Edited by RobMuir
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

The Thai cops take Korean won, US dollars, any currency.

Are you suggesting that a foreigner could murder a Thai and be out in less than 3? 

I highly doubt that. The Thai that murdered the guy I'm talking about is not rich either. 

1 hour ago, JamieM said:

When was this? I have a feeling this guy didn't do very long inside.

Clever wording says he was sentenced to 2 years an 11 months but it doesn't say how long he served.  I know a Thai guy that murdered a foreigner got life and was out in less than 3. I would be very surprised if this guy did 6 months.

It's amazing what difference being Asian can make isn't it? if this guy were western they would throw away the key.

well yes, this guy was shady when he moved into the place I was staying - I actually helped them out with internet and stuff and Mr KIm wanted to physically install his own equipment (VPN), a few weeks later he moved somewhere else and then he was arrested on drug charges - I knew what he was at - just some stuff that I know about................

7 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

Hmmmm, so how did he get back to Thailand...?  Shocking.

I guess since he loves this country so much, he will now have a longer stay at the BKK Hilton!

They haven't much of a case though , have they?

Drug taking equipment but NO DRUGS and a large amount of phone calls!

They can get him on unlawful entry to Thailand and deport him where he will have to explain to the Korean authorities as that is where the drugs were discovered.