Jump to content

French embassy in Bangkok says vaccination of its citizens in Thailand has not been finalised


Recommended Posts

Statements coming from an Embassy are  called "Diplomatic" speak.  We civilians who allegedly are  less educated than diplomats call this:  Waste Droppings from a Bull.  

 

Embassies are filled with NATO personnel:  NATO= No Action Talk Only.  

 

Pandemic has been on going for more than a year and vaccines have been approved(at least on an Emergency Basis) for over 6 months.  Time for discussion on vaccinating any group of people has long passed.  

 

"Do or Die"  Speaking as an American who has lived outside of the US for years and in 4 other countries, I have two choices:  Fend for myself or go home.  

 

If the French or Belgium embassies can vaccinate it's citizens in Thailand then consider yourself lucky.  But remember this:  if French or Belgium citizens get vaccinated in Thailand then what about those citizens who are in other countries?  This could create other problems for the governments of both countries.  "Vaccinate all overseas French or Belgians or vaccinate none?".  

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Good on the French for stepping up to the plate, and not forcing the poor Thai taxpayers to take care of foreigners from wealthier countries like ours.

I don't care if it's French or any other country.....talk is easy. So if you were French when would you expect to be lining up for a jab? Won't happen.

Yes China did it. Different ball game.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

If the French or Belgium embassies can vaccinate it's citizens in Thailand then consider yourself lucky.  But remember this:  if French or Belgium citizens get vaccinated in Thailand then what about those citizens who are in other countries?  This could create other problems for the governments of both countries.  "Vaccinate all overseas French or Belgians or vaccinate none?".  

In many countries of EU it's not necessary for non-EU citizens to be vaccinated through their embassies since good vaccines are or will soon be available to everyone. In developing countries, the situation is so different. In Africa, only around 1% have been vaccinated so far, and who knows when most there can get jabs. So the embassies stepping in makes complete sense. Thailand is somewhere in the middle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, robblok said:

When they say they will do something they will. Seems you guys are a bit jealous now you can't look down on the French.

 

I wouldn't be so sure about that, there's always a way.

 

That said, I hope the French do something to punish the Thai government if they don't do the right thing.

 

For example closing the borders seems to be one of the French knee jerk reactions used recently.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

 So if you were French when would you expect to be lining up for a jab? Won't happen.

 

🤣 Who are you to know in advance ? I can tell you that I have no reason to complain of the French embassy ; from my experience, they are effective, helpful, appointments are very easy , everything well done for us ( of course, there are some people who don't agree, but, as you know, French are the best moaners in the world ) 

let's see what happen, but wait before to criticize 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Any foreigners in Thailand will be paying tax whether it be income tax or the tax on virtually everything they buy.

Funny remark, every tourist retinee in any country in the world pays VAT and it never gives anyone right to stuff like hospitals. Not sure why you don't see the difference. Income tax that is the tax we are talking about that does give you right to medical things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, robblok said:

Funny remark, every tourist retinee in any country in the world pays VAT and it never gives anyone right to stuff like hospitals. Not sure why you don't see the difference. Income tax that is the tax we are talking about that does give you right to medical things.

Didn't say it did. Just saying that anyone in Thailand is a taxpayer.

Anyway, the Thai Govt have promised everyone a free covid shot so they realise it's in everyone's interest to get as many as possible vaccinated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...