Which Provinces Still Require Quarantine if Traveling From Bangkok?

Walker88

4 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Everyone I know from Sa Kaeo says they're "Isaan".  They also speak Isaan.  Go figure.

Funnily enough, from an administrative point of view, you are both wrong, as Sa Kaeo belongs to the Eastern region, neither to the Central nor the Northeastern (Isaan) regions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe it is a central government requirement that has not been rescinded, not a matter for local governors.

So in theory all provinces require 14 days self-isolation if returning from a red zone province. How rigorously that is enforced is a completely different issue the answer to which is probably not ascertainable. Just like the requirement for restaurants not to sell alcohol and bars to close - depends on how local officials/police/healthworkers actually implement national rules.

Where I live if you were to return to a village (and possibly a town) local health workers would probably get to know and would come round (as much as daily) to check up on you. There are no road checks on provincial borders or internal to the province (unless there is a local clustrer lockdown). In the same province some bars are open and some restaurants will serve you booze.

TIT: rules are rules and implementation is unknowable.

We are at home, though a  few weeks ago I think that they were putting people into small resorts at the town's expense. My wife has to submit our temperatures each day using a special app and answer questions about our health. Apart from the initial visit just after we arrived, we have had two other visits and we are into our ninth day.

25 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

My understanding is that for people travelling from Bangkok to Pattaya, Rayong, Hua Hin are not required to self-quarantine. Is this correct?

I'm not sure what the rules say, but for what it's worth: Thai friends of mine just went to the beach in Pattaya over the weekend, coming from Bangkok. No checkpoints, no questions at the hotel or elsewhere, nothing. I think that isn't by accident, they want that business. 

13 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I'm not sure what the rules say, but for what it's worth: Thai friends of mine just went to the beach in Pattaya over the weekend, coming from Bangkok. No checkpoints, no questions at the hotel or elsewhere, nothing. I think that isn't by accident, they want that business. 

Cheers.  I was hoping that was still the case.  School holidays are coming up, and after 2 months of online learning at home, my kid needs to get away from Bangkok!  As do the wife and I.