Stackable Storage Boxes wanted

OneMoreFarang

Like many of us I have several plastic boxes to store lots of things like documents, computer parts, CDs, whatever.

Until now when I needed some boxes I visited one of the big shops and I bought what looked alright and not too expensive.

But unsurprisingly with many of those boxes the lids and sometimes the boxes themselves get damaged. And one type of box can't be easily stacked on another type of boxes. For this reason...

I am looking if there are standard size storage boxes which can be stacked and which are sturdy and likely will survive a couple of years.

I found on Lazada i.e. this one (see picture). The box looks sturdy, the lid not so much. And I don't know if when I want some more boxes maybe in a year if I would find boxes in the same size again which can be stacked on each other.

Do you know if there is a standard size (or maybe a few standard sizes)?

Is there one preferred material which doesn't easily break?

Is there maybe a well known company in Thailand which produces the same boxes for many years?

I need these boxes for indoor use. I don't plan to put any liquids into them. If the material is transparent that is an advantage but this is not a must.

I don't want to pay a fortune but I am willing to pay a few hundred THB for each if the quality is good.

This is roughly what I am looking for:

PlasticBox.png.8c8e704b3f6b9d764e26a553fe61144c.png

You can also buy these at HomePro/ThaiWatsadu/Big-C with varying levels of cost and quality. I used them for moving...but now they just take up space in the storage closet...I probably should put them outside but yeah the sun and elements ultimately would degrade them and make them crack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bankruatsteve said:

The style that’s commonly available here, like the one you show, doesn’t have the exterior reinforcement that @OneMoreFarang shows. The style he shows is common in Japan and while the lids aren’t very strong the base section is. I’ve got a few that now have MDF lids and while they can’t support an elephant they can easily support my not sylph like form. 
F8C7D4DA-CFEC-4351-8941-A73C72E38187.thumb.jpeg.09eb42d4c55cb05bb4fe27fd07980455.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 2

This place is on Bang Na Trad, between BKK and Pattaya, but I suspect they have other outlets around Thailand.  Lots of different sizes, configurations and grades of plastic crates.

GPS:  13.550928   100.957984

plastic2.jpg.739ac6474ad19cf6067b127efebe9327.jpg

plastic outlet.jpg

• Like 2

I bought 16 of these a couple of years ago and they have been pretty good. They stack well and have held up pretty well. 

The wheels seem pretty useless to me, but they just snap on and off so I just removed them all. 

boxes.JPG.f0010c93eb3430ea9b196974c67102b5.JPG

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

This place is on Bang Na Trad, between BKK and Pattaya, but I suspect they have other outlets around Thailand.  Lots of different sizes, configurations and grades of plastic crates.

GPS:  13.550928   100.957984

plastic2.jpg.739ac6474ad19cf6067b127efebe9327.jpg

plastic outlet.jpg

Thanks, I'll have to check this out. (I won't buy any glue there though)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Thanks, I'll have to check this out. (I won't buy any glue there though)

I found the place accidentally doing the U-turn to go fishing at Pilot 111.  It's not worth a drive all the way from BKK just to buy crates, but if you're passing there anyway...  I bought quite a few storage crates from them over the years.  Some eclectic sizes if, for instance, you want to build a nice garden wagon.

17 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I bought 16 of these a couple of years ago and they have been pretty good. They stack well and have held up pretty well. 

The wheels seem pretty useless to me, but they just snap on and off so I just removed them all. 

boxes.JPG.f0010c93eb3430ea9b196974c67102b5.JPG

Yeah we have found them ok we bought ours from Big'C' .

They have had heavy stuff in and put stacked up on & off our truck for years.

Thanks for all your input. I searched a little more on Lazada and I found that they have a whole category:

Furniture & Organization     Storage & Organisation     Storage Boxes 

And after I narrowed my search a little I found this one. 

"Plastic industrial box", lots of different sizes and they stack on each other. It seems they have no lid. But then I thought if I stack most of them on top of each other I don't really need a lid.

I haven't made up my mind yet but they seem to look already very much like what I want.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/a-plastic-industrial-box-tote-box-plastic-box-injection-mold-box-pp-box-i550698290-s1354294708.html

Boxes.jpg.7a6f9e700d059313c6c8bf4661c1f05d.jpg

P.S.: I just discovered they also have covers for at least some of these boxes

Edited by OneMoreFarang

46 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks for all your input. I searched a little more on Lazada and I found that they have a whole category:

"Plastic industrial box", lots of different sizes and they stack on each other. It seems they have no lid. But then I thought if I stack most of them on top of each other I don't really need a lid.

I haven't made up my mind yet but they seem to look already very much like what I want.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/a-plastic-industrial-box-tote-box-plastic-box-injection-mold-box-pp-box-i550698290-s1354294708.html

I like that company more and more.

Now I found their website www.tp-box.com with more good information:

tp-box.png.cd361c6efd2e0529cecf81f9f76f14ea.png

• Like 1

Great, very useful/practical topic... Much appreciate all the options and resources presented here!  ????

While in the neighborhood, anyone come across sturdy, stackable storage boxes that are specifically sized for document filing/storage, as in to fit A4 size documents/paperwork?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

While in the neighborhood, anyone come across sturdy, stackable storage boxes that are specifically sized for document filing/storage, as in to fit A4 size documents/paperwork?

I saw a 3-level filing stack in Lazada.  Search "stackable storage"

23 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Great, very useful/practical topic... Much appreciate all the options and resources presented here!  ????

Maybe 332 or 342 should do the job for A4

Industrial Plastic Boxes Catalog.pdf

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Good find. 
making tops is not difficult. here is the underside and top side of a replacement or new top. Almost any material over about 10mm will do mine happen to be 18mm37E439EB-EF19-4BE4-81C8-BB4D5D23AA44.thumb.jpeg.3b724baf66a62df4c42937d17a772380.jpeg74496A86-58A1-4F3C-A260-D1F7275A7B10.thumb.jpeg.d943224420c19bf4a9435a3e8e634209.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I saw those, but realistically, given the way they (apparently) nest, if you're going to stack, you only need  a cover for the top box.

• Like 1

A small update: Today I was in Big C and I thought before I order relative expensive storage boxes online I have another look in that big shop. I guess they had at least 100 different storage boxes but nothing like the above stackable boxes. Most of what I saw looked like it will do the job if it is handled nicely. But I wouldn't bet that many of those boxes which I saw today will last very long.

For this reason it seems I will order those relative expensive boxes online.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

A small update: Today I was in Big C and I thought before I order relative expensive storage boxes online I have another look in that big shop. I guess they had at least 100 different storage boxes but nothing like the above stackable boxes. Most of what I saw looked like it will do the job if it is handled nicely. But I wouldn't bet that many of those boxes which I saw today will last very long.

For this reason it seems I will order those relative expensive boxes online.

The boxes I got (above) from Big-C Lazada have held up pretty good for a few years,  that said, the pricier boxes look much nicer. 

• Like 1