Pattaya security guard killed after crashing his motorcycle into the back of a garbage truck

webfact

pat.jpg

By Adam Judd

Pattaya, Thailand-A 43-year-old Pattaya area security guard has been pronounced dead this evening after running his motorbike into the back of a garbage truck, according to Banglamung police.

The accident took place at 6:30 P.M. this evening, June 17th, on Road Number 36, the Pattaya-Rayong Bypass, in Banglamung.

Lt. Col. Yuthaphol Boonkerd, Deputy Inspector General of Bang Lamung Police Station, was the first to be notified of the accident and arrived with Pattaya News reporters and first responders.

The deceased was identified by Lt. Col. Yuthaphol as a 43-year-old security guard working for a Thai oil company, who was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/17/pattaya-security-guard-killed-after-crashing-his-motorcycle-into-the-back-of-a-garbage-truck/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Long straight road, large garbage truck in full view. And still he drives into it and kills himself. Unbelievable.

It's possible that the rubbish truck driver did a u-turn or some other manoeuvrer  cutting across fast flowing traffic leaving the bike driver no chance..not saying that is the case in this instance  but I have seen  drivers of these larger vehicles do some crazy stuff.

Sorry to ask but why does the report of this man's untimely death need to say that he is a security guard? For me I don't need to know this and these kinds of info always influence people's comments..........the poor guy died in a terrible death whatever his job is.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Long straight road, large garbage truck in full view. And still he drives into it and kills himself. Unbelievable.

Looking at where it happened and the direction, and noting it was 6.30 pm, means he would have been looking straight into the setting sun, and was probably blinded by it, so didn't see the truck.

I had an accident in the UK many years ago just as the sun was rising. I drove into the back of a mid sized truck stopped on the side of the road which I simply didn't see because of the sun, which had just been hit already by a driver who was trying to explain that he didn't see it. As the truck driver said "How could you not see me?" I arrived and drove up the back of him also with the same excuse.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

Sorry to ask but why does the report of this man's untimely death need to say that he is a security guard? For me I don't need to know this and these kinds of info always influence people's comments..........the poor guy died in a terrible death whatever his job is.

Hey , not just any security guard but a Lt. Col.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

Strange, in Khon Kaen,  normal motorcycle deaths are never in the newspapers. Maybe the write thinks the story is worth it because he was a security guard?

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Looking at where it happened and the direction, and noting it was 6.30 pm, means he would have been looking straight into the setting sun, and was probably blinded by it, so didn't see the truck.

I had an accident in the UK many years ago just as the sun was rising. I drove into the back of a mid sized truck stopped on the side of the road which I simply didn't see because of the sun, which had just been hit already by a driver who was trying to explain that he didn't see it. As the truck driver said "How could you not see me?" I arrived and drove up the back of him also with the same excuse.

That is why you should adjust your driving and speed to the conditions at the time.

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:
4 hours ago, longball53098 said:

Strange, in Khon Kaen,  normal motorcycle deaths are never in the newspapers. Maybe the write thinks the story is worth it because he was a security guard?

It perhaps highlights that he was a hard working guy returning home from work rather than a pi$$ed up guy etc..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, johng said:

It's possible that the rubbish truck driver did a u-turn or some other manoeuvrer  cutting across fast flowing traffic leaving the bike driver no chance..not saying that is the case in this instance  but I have seen  drivers of these larger vehicles do some crazy stuff.

It's also just as likely that he didn't when all you're doing is speculating based on nothing.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Caveat:- I'm not saying this happened in this particular instance but I am amazed more motorcycles don't run into things every 5 minutes. It's shocking to see the amount of riders who are on their mobiles whilst riding around, usually at quick speeds. They have their eyes and concentration on their phone and riding one handed whilst overtaking, turning corners, weaving around etc. I don't know what is so important on their phone that they are prepared to risk their own death and maybe someone else's for.

16 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Caveat:- I'm not saying this happened in this particular instance but I am amazed more motorcycles don't run into things every 5 minutes. It's shocking to see the amount of riders who are on their mobiles whilst riding around, usually at quick speeds. They have their eyes and concentration on their phone and riding one handed whilst overtaking, turning corners, weaving around etc. I don't know what is so important on their phone that they are prepared to risk their own death and maybe someone else's for.

Yep, see it all the time out at Mabprachan lake, the roads are used like a racetrack, stupidity reigns supreme.