90 Day Reporting Anomaly

For the past few years I have reported every 90 days to the Kab Cheong immigration office in Surin Province. Some reports were made early and some late (all within the -7/+7 rule) but always my next 90 day report was scheduled for 90 days after the actual due date.

My last report was made at the Jomtien immigration office (I was in the vicinity 3 days before my next report was scheduled) but here I received a receipt detailing my next report date was 90 days from the actual day I reported, not the due date.

Is this an anomaly in the system or was it just a mistake of the immigration officer?

That, (Jomtien), is the proper procedure as far as I know (otherwise it would be chaotic trying to stamp the right date) - 90 days from report date if you do in person. If you mail it will be from the last due date. Perhaps upcountry where there no crowd they have time to reset date for each reporter.

That, (Jomtien), is the proper procedure as far as I know (otherwise it would be chaotic trying to stamp the right date) - 90 days from report date if you do in person. If you mail it will be from the last due date. Perhaps upcountry where there no crowd they have time to reset date for each reporter.

Come to think of it, there was one officer dealing solely with 90 day reporting and he did appear rather busy. So I guess he just sets the date at the beginning of each day and everyone gets that. It's therefore worth considering reporting 2 days after the due date to keep your 90 day reporting in line with your extension renewal (i.e. 92 days x 4 = 368).