Endoresmnet to Leave Thailand

What are the rules about getting an endorsement to leave Thailand for vacation? I live in Bangkok and am on a retirement visa. Which office do I visit and how much does it cost? Which form do I need to complete?

Thanks in advance.

• Confused 3

i think you mean a re-entry permit from local immigration office or at the airport, i assume you are on a yearly extension not a visa, a visa is something you normally get from a Thai consulate/embassy in your own or another country outside of Thailand, and once used is not reusable, unless its a multi entry.

I have never heard of an endorsement to leave LOS.

1) Are you on an OA Retirement Visa and in the first year?  Then you have Multi-Entry.  If no then you would need a Re-Entry Permit(available at Immigration or Airport). 

2) If you are on a Non Immigrant O Ext of Stay-Retirement then you would need a Re-entry permit.

Currently leaving the country is not difficult but coming back is another whole "can of worms".  COE, Covid 19 Insurance, ASQ etc, etc.

I assume your talking about a re-entry permit and that you are on an extension of your permission to stay for reason of retirement. In that case, you can get a permit to keep your extension alive at either your local Immigration office or at airport before your depart.

1000 baht for single use, 3800 baht for multi. You need TM8 form, copies of passport, visa/extension and photo

Edited by tonray

6 minutes ago, OzMan said:

Thanks. I mean re-entry permit. I am on a Retirement visa. A TM8 is the form to complete, then take it to Chaeng Wattana Immigration?

Unless your nearby to CW it's more convenient at Airport.

The TM8 requires a pic. They will do it for you at airport for service fee ~ 200b. 

BTW your on an extension of stay based on retirement. No such animal as retirement visa.

BTW did you previously have a non O or Non O-A.

Edited by DrJack54

On 6/21/2021 at 5:25 PM, DrJack54 said:

Unless your nearby to CW it's more convenient at Airport.

The TM8 requires a pic. They will do it for you at airport for service fee ~ 200b. 

BTW your on an extension of stay based on retirement. No such animal as retirement visa.

BTW did you previously have a non O or Non O-A.

I have a non O visa. The last time I went to immigration to get a 90 day, they said that Immigration at Suvarnabhumi had only given me a 30-day tourist visa. I spent all morning getting my visa corrected. I do not want to be held up at Suvarnabhumi if I have a plane to catch. Is it CW I need to go to to submit a TM-8?

2 minutes ago, OzMan said:

I have a non O visa. The last time I went to immigration to get a 90 day, they said that Immigration at Suvarnabhumi had only given me a 30-day tourist visa. I spent all morning getting my visa corrected. I do not want to be held up at Suvarnabhumi if I have a plane to catch. Is it CW I need to go to to submit a TM-8?

Yes you can do it at CW

3 hours ago, OzMan said:

You are probably correct that, if you do not understand the stamps in your passport, going for the re-entry permit in advance is wise. It is always possible that there are stamp errors that Immigration must explain to you, and then require time to correct. For those able to verify all stamps in their passport at the time they are made, applying for a re-entry permit at the airport is extremely convenient.