Thai woman who left children with sister-in-law discovers two year old has drowned and been buried

webfact

8pm.jpg

Picture: INN

INN reported on the case of a Thai mother who they said was 30 year old "A" who appealed to the Paveena Hongsakul Foundation after her daughters aged four and two went missing last week.

"A" had left the children in the care of her sister-in-law after she split up with her husband and went from Ratchaburi to Bangkok to earn a living.

She paid Jiap, 45, 4,000 baht a month for childcare. 

However, she was alarmed on June 15th when her daily contact with the children and Jiap ceased. She returned home and filed a missing persons report with the Photharam police on the 18th and contacted the foundation for assistance. 

Now Jiap has been found in Bung Samphan sub-district of Phetchabun in the north-central of Thailand. 

She said that the two year old girl had drowned and fearing the consequences she had fled with the four year old. 

She buried the body of the two year old next to the house in Ratchaburi's Klong Choi sub-district. 

Police were in the process of taking Jiap back to Ratchaburi to indicate the burial site while the foundation was assisting the distraught family. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-23
  • Sad 9

4 hours ago, webfact said:

She said that the two year old girl had drowned and fearing the consequences she had fled with the four year old. 

She buried the body of the two year old next to the house in Ratchaburi's Klong Choi sub-district

As one does... 

R.i.P little one.

Having children in Thailand, and no doubt in some other countries too, is not done for the same reason that we do. They are seen primarily as an investment, to look after them in their older years. Certainly, many quickly palm their kids off to others to look after, usually grandparents, while they go off to another part of the country to earn a living. In this case the parents had split up, but that is often not the case. They simply do not raise their own children. We find that rather bizarre, but in Thailand it's perfectly normal.

We are currently looking after a nephew after his mother went to Hungary with her Dutch husband, supposedly for three months although she has been there now for 15 months due to the pandemic. As far as I know she has made no effort to return to Thailand, and I doubt very much that she will. Most Thais, once they've seen what the world is like outside of Thailand, don't want to return.

The nephew has been attending a fee-paying school and learning English there for eight years. And I still get a deer in the headlights look when I ask him a simple question such as 'How was your day'. But that's another story.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

She buried the body of the two year old next to the house in Ratchaburi's Klong Choi sub-district. 

How ridiculous, feared the consequences so buried the poor child.

something stinks about this woman's story, I hope they get to the truth on what and how it happened.