Bangkok retirement extension 23 June

Had 1045 appointment but arrived early at 0810 (was up and got taxi easy and light traffic) and obtained queue 174 to get extra forms to fill in.  Did not use queue number.  Entered Bangkok Bank at 0830 for account letter (already had one year statement from home branch).  Only took about 15 minutes and after long search for copy place (North end of basement area) tried luck at immigration at 0901 in case an opening - no luck and told to return 1030.  Waited outside (they have chairs outside now) and entered 1030 - only had to wait 5 minutes at desk 32 for others to leave and completed at 1101 and paperwork sent upstairs - returned at 1130 and departed.  Extension on basis of income for USA person so provided bankbook/year statement from bank/copies of bankbook and they were all cross referenced one at a time.  Several forms from passport were removed and copies by officer (TM30/TM47 receipt?) also additional form(s) to sign and photo taken holding up to prove you did.

Much less crowded inside than last year and less wait for passport return.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, david_je said:

Thank you for that. Was this a Non OA extension at CW? You mentioned TM30 -- I thought that was no longer required?

It was a Non O retirement extension (of many years).  Last year they did copy TM30 and they took TM30 and TM47 from passport and made copy of something this time so believe it was same - I live with wife so have no rent documents so that might be a factor.

Documents:

TM7 with photo and phone number in reason for application area.

Passport copies.

Bank Book copies.

Year bank statement.

Bank letter of ownership (downstairs)

Google Map of home.

The handful of extra forms.

Edited by lopburi3

8 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

It was a Non O retirement extension (of many years).  Last year they did copy TM30 and they took TM30 and TM47 from passport and made copy of something this time so believe it was same - I live with wife so have no rent documents so that might be a factor.

Last July I did Non OA retirement extension and they did not ask for TM30. Now you have me worried as I have to do extension again soon. Can someone confirm it is not needed for this at CW?

19 minutes ago, david_je said:

Last July I did Non OA retirement extension and they did not ask for TM30. Now you have me worried as I have to do extension again soon. Can someone confirm it is not needed for this at CW?

A new TM30 form is no longer required unless you change addresses. They might ask to see the receipt for you previous one.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A new TM30 form is no longer required unless you change addresses. They might ask to see the receipt for you previous one.

Indeed this is the one and only TM30 and did when it was required.  They seem to be making a copy each year.

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I have never provided a TM30 for extension CW.

It was only a requirement about mid year one time AFAIK - at that time it indeed was required and I and many others were fined (house owner being family).  I know Bangkok made a copy last year and it was either TM30 or TM47 or both this year.  But as said this may be in leu of rental agreement.

18 hours ago, david_je said:

I did my non-O retirement extension at CW a couple of weeks ago. I brought along my TM-30, 12-month bank statement, and rental contract with rent receipts, but kept them all in my bag to see if anyone would ask for them. They were never requested, either at the pre-screening desk or the processing desk. 

The officer did make a copy of the 90-day report slip in my passport, but I suspect she wouldn't have said anything if that had also been hidden in my bag. I've found that the officers will keep (and nod sagely over) almost any document you hand over, but won't mention the same document if you don't present it. 

7 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

I did my non-O retirement extension at CW a couple of weeks ago. I brought along my TM-30, 12-month bank statement, and rental contract with rent receipts, but kept them all in my bag to see if anyone would ask for them.

You were probably using the 800k baht in the bank option.

He was using the 65k baht income option proven by transfers into the country. They are mandatory for that financial proof.

21 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

You didn't go to the pre-screening Desk 1-27.

No I did not and did not see any such desk and was not told of any such desk.  Just went to the appointment desk.

Will add that officer controlling access to L area did ask if I had bank letter/filled out forms when I talked with her earlier.  

Edited by lopburi3

I went last week, CW for Non imm O retirement extension. They wanted to see my 90 day report receipt...no problem, and not interested in the TM 30.

But if you make an appointment they want to see the apppintment printout, and then they take a photo of you holding up the appointment paper.

Bit bizarre.  And not sure what would happen if you forgot to print out the appointment.

Takes about 10 mins to process the application. But then there is the 40 min wait to get your passport back.

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

At CM a week back, I had a print out of my online TM30 and they had be update it at the back office to include the stamping.

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You were probably using the 800k baht in the bank option.

He was using the 65k baht income option proven by transfers into the country. They are mandatory for that financial proof.

Correct. There have been numerous posts over the last several months claiming that the one year statement is now required even when using the 800k option, though, so I went ahead and paid the 200 baht to get it. Perhaps the officer would have requested it if there had been "consolidated" entries in my bank book, but I update frequently, so every transaction was accounted for.

20 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Correct. There have been numerous posts over the last several months claiming that the one year statement is now required even when using the 800k option,

I did NON-O extension end of April (800k bank method) and was not asked for a year statement or TM.30 (in fact they also never asked for the latter during the previous extensions). Do NOT provide all sorts of additional papers on your own accord , they mind find fault with some or make a habit of asking others to provide these too. I do have a copy of my rental agreement in my bag just in case but have never been asked for it.  By the way, I have no idea what or where desk L-27 is, the lady at the reception (inside) told me to go straight to L-32 (this for on-line appointment). 

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2021 at 2:01 PM, lopburi3 said:

Entered Bangkok Bank at 0830 for account letter (already had one year statement from home branch). 

Presumably you also updated your passbook. Did you need to do an ATM withdrawal, or make a deposit, to show activity?

15 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Presumably you also updated your passbook. Did you need to do an ATM withdrawal, or make a deposit, to show activity?

Passbook was updated, there is no need for any activity using Bangkok Bank to get current date balance.  After letter received took passbook to copy shop for new copy of that final page. 

47 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Passbook was updated, there is no need for any activity using Bangkok Bank to get current date balance.

Thank you. Someone on another thread is maintaining that CW requires activity in your passbook on day of renewal, including holders of Bangkok Bank accounts. Bad dope, unless there are some rogue Imm officers requiring such.......