Aussie to dump AZ vaccine

Hardly boosts confidence in the jabs programme - Australia "will shelve the controversial AstraZeneca vaccine by October, suggesting it will have enough supplies of other vaccines to meet “allocation horizons” for vaccinating the population by the end of the year." - Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jun/23/australia-plans-to-shelve-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-by-october)

So what they seem to be saying is 'as soon as we have something less dubious, we'll use that instead, but please continue to get the rubbish jab in the meanwhile'.

What I know or care about all these potions you could write on a pinhead with a pneumatic drill, but I'm due to get an AZ jab next week. What am I supposed to think or do? [that's a rhetorical question, folks....]

You wonder why there is "vaccine hesitancy" around the world, let alone here?

Too many people not qualified to speak having too much to say everywhere around the world.

I will stick with the science and it was developed by Oxford University and WHO says it's fine, I have had the AZ jab and apart from a tender arm for a few days,  no problem.

I am happy to have had it and will be happier still, when I get the second jab in September.

I wish a lot of the naysayers took as much interest in their personal health and wellbeing, such as weight, exercise, smoking, drinking, etc as they do looking online for evidence to " slag off " a vaccine, made in record time to help the world.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

An old guy and an old woman  are living in a retirement village, seperately.   They   become fond of each other, and  get married.    After a little  party at the village, they retire to their accomodation.  They have now been  given a  double  bedroom.   As  they are preparing for bed, the dear old  thing turns to her  new hubby and says""  George, you will be gentle with me wont you, I have acute angina"     "Thank  god for that"  says George,, "you have  shocking tits."