Thai Chamber of Commerce Expects Reopening Plan will Boost Country’s Economy

webfact

9 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

They get their positions because their Grandmothers Brother or their Mothers half Sister was someone 'important'; it's got nothing to do with what they know !

That's probably not far from the actual truth ????????

6 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

They get their positions because their Grandmothers Brother or their Mothers half Sister was someone 'important'; it's got nothing to do with what they know !

Sometimes, they can also purchase positions too - doctors, police, pilots, ministry jobs, aircraft maintenance etc.. - nothing too important - usually there is a fixed price based on seniority of the position and what level of previous related experience applicant has from none to not enough..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, asiam110 said:

Sometimes, they can also purchase positions too - doctors, police, pilots, ministry jobs, aircraft maintenance etc.. - nothing too important - usually there is a fixed price based on seniority of the position and what level of previous related experience applicant has from none to not enough..

I saw already the gardener buying the title of a pilot and the 7/11 girl becoming a Dr.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

I remember the days when we were told that foreign tourism was only of very little importance to the Thai economy.

yep they were only saying that early last year weren't they ?

• Like 1

It is just amazing.  Where can they possibly find people with the intellect to be able to determine that re-opening will boost the country's economy.   Move over Milton Friedman, John Kenneth Galbraith, and John Maynard Keynes.  The Nobel Prize for economist certainly will be awarded to someone from the Thai Chamber of Commerce. 

On 6/24/2021 at 11:46 AM, webfact said:

Thailand is currently in a rehabilitation period and the 120-day target to reopen the country will help build confidence in the business sector and financial institutions, which are now starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

A rehabilitation period?  Is that like when you burn down a building and it is being reconstructed?  The only light at the end of the tunnel that the Thai business community and workers have seen is the headlight of an oncoming train wreck.  

It never ceases to amaze me how governments can absolutely destroy something and then have the audacity to beat their chests that their policies will save everyone from the destruction their original policies caused. 

On 6/25/2021 at 9:26 PM, Thomas J said:

And from my 'Chamber of Pressure Relief', I expect it to go the other way!