Non O Multi Or Marriage Visa?

I have tried searching the forum but cannot find the info I need so please forgive me if that has been answered.

I have a non O multi from the UK, I am married to a Thai (for about just over a year) but when I applied for the visa didn't show any income details etc. just the marriage cert.

I regularly leave the Kingdom for work overseas and am paid by a UK company into a UK bank account.

The thing is, with all the travelling I do, I don't go to UK very much and it may be a pain to go there to get a new non O when this one runs out at the end of the year.

Is there a way I can do the same type of Non O Multi from within the Kingdom to save me the time of flying back to the UK?

I deposit about 70,000 into my wife's account every month (same surname) but don't keep my money in Thailand.

I would be very grateful for any info..

Thanks.

I'm in a similar position although I'm paid out of HongKong into a Luxembourg bank.

You have several choices :o

You can do what I've been doing and get a new multi non-o at a local consulate. KL, Singapore and Delhi are issuing no problem although KL are apparently a bit iffy now, Singapore want to see 400,000 Baht in a bank (any bank so your UK account will do just fine), no financial requirements in Delhi.

OR

You can get a 1 year extension from immigration in Thailand, provided you can be in the country during the (sometimes protracted) extension period each year. You need to demonstrate an income of 40,000 Baht per month (offshore is OK), do a forum search for the other requirements, most of it is pretty easy.

Cheers guys, the main thing I wanted to do was get a new visa in country if possible, extend my existing one etc. The extension period, does anyone know what it is?

Has anyone gone this route before?

You can not obtain a new visa inside Thailand but you can extend your permitted to stay stamp (any 90 day entry) for one year at a time with proof of 40k family income. You will need to make application with wife at an immigration office and pay 1,900 baht for the extension of stay and 3,800 baht for a multi re-entry permit after you receive final approval (because of your frequent travel). This extension is normally issued 30 days after you apply so you should do at a time when you know you will be here for at least that long and normally immigration prefers you apply with about 3-4 weeks remaining on your current visa entry.

I was just thinking, I suppose there would be nothing wrong with doing a postal application in the UK with my second passport whilst current visa is still valid in the first passport.

After all, my company has often applied for visa with one of my passports while I am travelling with another.

Anyone see a problem with this brainwave?

You can not obtain a new visa inside Thailand but you can extend your permitted to stay stamp (any 90 day entry) for one year at a time with proof of 40k family income. You will need to make application with wife at an immigration office and pay 1,900 baht for the extension of stay and 3,800 baht for a multi re-entry permit after you receive final approval (because of your frequent travel). This extension is normally issued 30 days after you apply so you should do at a time when you know you will be here for at least that long and normally immigration prefers you apply with about 3-4 weeks remaining on your current visa entry.

One's passport is usually held by immigration during the 30 day application period, yes?, such that one could not travel outside of Thailand if one wanted anyway...

the income requirement is fulfilled by demonstrating 40k baht/month income for the 3 months previous to the application for the extension, yes? Does one have to demonstrate that one shall have a 40k baht/month income during the period of the extension, ie., for the year after the extension is issued?

Edited by tutsiwarrior

I was just thinking, I suppose there would be nothing wrong with doing a postal application in the UK with my second passport whilst current visa is still valid in the first passport.

After all, my company has often applied for visa with one of my passports while I am travelling with another.

Anyone see a problem with this brainwave?

This may work, but could also cause you a lot of grief if the authorities link the passports and realise you were

still in Thailand when you applied for the visa in the second passport.

Most certainly you could not make the postal application from a Thai address.

The scenario your company uses is OK for a visa to a third country, not to get round local Thai rules.

Unless you are in the detention center, or subject to court order, you always have your passport. Immigration stamps your passport for 30 days extension of stay and then when you return, if everything is in order you get a new stamp for the remainder of the year.

The requirement is three months proof and believe for local income that means the previous years tax filings. For overseas it is an Embassy paper; and perhaps bank deposits from some reports.

A visa for Thailand, obtained while you are in Thailand, is not valid. Will they catch you on it? I would not take the chance with the terrorist computer programs that are a part of the scene today. Also no Consulate should process the application with a Thai address and if you apply saying your address is not Thailand you have submitted false paperwork. No recommended.