Notifying Immigration About Residence...

While reading the thread about the immigration raid at Nirun Grand Ville in Pattaya, I saw Libya's posting of the Pattaya People story and noticed this:

"On that day the officers discovered that 5 room owners did not inform the Immigration Department of having foreign tourists residing at their residences"

What is the rule or procedure here? I know that hotels need to submit guest lists to immigration, but what about those of us living here on long term visas? If you live in rented accommodation such as a condo or apartment, does the Thai room owner / landlord need to provide some documentation / notification?

What if you live with a Thai partner or spouse in a house that belongs to / registered in her name? Does she (or he) need to report on our behalf?

In my case, I own my condo. Is there something I should be doing / reporting in addition to my 90 day check ins?

1. You declare your address on the arrival form.

2. 90 Day reporting confirms that.

3. If you stay somewhere other than the address you gave on the arrival form the house owner must report your arrival

and you are also supposed to tell the local immigration, or police. Hotels do this automatically.

4. Yes your Thai partner who owns the house should also report your arrival.

5. A bit stupid to report your own arrival at your condo, but some officious individual might use it against you if he/she wanted to be difficult.

In my case, I own my condo. Is there something I should be doing / reporting in addition to my 90 day check ins?

In this case the office staff of your condo (in other words the owner of the building) is required to notify Immigration of your residing there. Just give them a signed copy of your passport front page and they should take care of the rest.