Shipping stuff from USA via 3rd party, anyone?

watthong

Hitherto I have used Planet Express to ship my stuff via USPS. Last straw is when I'm trying to send a big package weighing 40 lbs and their calculator shows a charge of 500 plus usd while USPS website itself shows half that amount. PE management cited UPU (Universal Postal Union) and Covid as reasons for the increase. So now I'm voting with my feet. Would appreciate if anyone on this forum has used any competitors to PE that also ship via USPS? I'll try to avoid using FedEx or DHL if possible. I've also looked to what seems to be the new kid in town, MYUS.com, but it seems like they don't deal with USPS. Thank you in advance for your input.

I looked a loooooong time to find the cheapest shipping from the USA.....And I honestly don't think Planet Express can be beat....Their website is fantastic and they give you the option of rock bottom rates ( but slow).....I am 100% happy with Planet Express.....

No way fedex or ups is cheaper not in a million years.....And Usps prices have gone up too.....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, redwood1 said:

No way fedex or ups is cheaper not in a million years.....And Usps prices have gone up too.....

I agree 100%, that's why I have used PE for years...But I ran to a sticker price shock with the current package that I wanted to send if I chose USPS. By PE postage calculator, usually USPS rates are just a bit higher in the range of 10-20 usd more than others (FedEx,DHL). That was fine with me and I always chose USPS. This time, it was 500 plus and when compared with the others, that rates is more than double. I went onto USPS website and checked their price directly and it was less than 250. I asked PE for the reason of the discrepancy and they came back with UPU (Univeral Postal Union) and Covid as reason for the increase. I don't mind the increase when it's reasonable, 100% increase is not. Imagine if PG&E sends you a monthly bill that is double the amount you paid last month even though utilities consumption is still the same...I am still waiting for PE reply regarding the comparison vs. current USPS rates table.

[Just now I logged onto PE website and used their postage calculator to figure out the charge for one package that was sent by them via USPS recently - to see if there was any increase from the amount that I actually paid. USPS is gone from the list.]

• 4 months later...