proof of TH residence for Thai wife, for bank outside TH?

Foreigners can obtain a "certificate of residence" from the immigration office, as proof of address to a bank outside Thailand.

But which kind of document can my wife obtain as proof that she lives with me in the same rented home?

Her tabian baan is for her parental home, decades old. Thai landlords rarely agree to put the names of tenants in their tabian baan.

Do you know if the local amphoe office would stamp a certificate of address for her, e.g. based on some witness statement? 

5 minutes ago, h3ith said:

Do you know if the local amphoe office would stamp a certificate of address for her, e.g. based on some witness statement? 

Is there such a thing? Can't see that being the case..............interesting post......................

1 hour ago, canopus1969 said:

Does the Rental Contract have her name on it?

no, only my name. I suppose a witness statement from the landlord, that she lives here too, might serve. 

But the question is if something like proof of address, certified by an amphoe, exists in Thailand.

7 minutes ago, h3ith said:

no, only my name. I suppose a witness statement from the landlord, that she lives here too, might serve. 

But the question is if something like proof of address, certified by an amphoe, exists in Thailand.

Yes it does. I've seen one issued to a German. Was translated into German. A Thai civil servant had come to verify he had been living there. Was much more than the "certificate of residence" issued by immigration.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jackdd said:

A bank statement with address from her Thai bank is usually accepted by foreign financial institutions.

That's certainly what my wife has used, she just popped into her Kasikorn branch and got a statement printed off and stamped, that was accepted by our bank in the Isle of Man.

• Like 1

Bank statement with her name and address on it.

Utility bill electricity/telephone

Letter from tax authority or other government agency with name and address on it.

''Foreigners can obtain a "certificate of residence" from the immigration office, as proof of address to a bank outside Thailand'' - Can this document really be used outside Thailand? I thought it was issued for internal use.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 3:22 AM, h3ith said:

Are you able to get her name on it? Just a thought.