Surin: Cambodian Workers Return Home

webfact

ta.jpg

SURIN, June 28 (TNA) – Cambodian workers crossed the border at the immigration checkpoint of this northeastern province to return to the homeland as Thailand started sealing off construction worker camps in Greater Bangkok and four southern border provinces today.

The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) headed by Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-ocha decided to close infectious and high-risk areas including construction worker camps in Bangkok, Pathum Thani, Nonthaburi, Samut Sakhon, Samut Prakan, Nakhon Pathom, Songkhla, Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat for 30 days starting on June 28 to contain the spread of Covid-19.

Employers yesterday sent the workers back through the Chong Chom border crossing point in Surin’s Kap Choeng district. Many cambodian workers were left along Kap Choeng-Chong Chom highway and local immigration police rushed into gathering them at the Surin immigration office and kept them away from general people. Despite strict disease control measures, five immigration police officers of Surin earlier contracted COVID-19.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-726553

tnalogo.jpg
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Oh dear. Looks like I won't be doing my 90-day there next week ...

I believe the new 'office' within the newly build Government structure (3rd .floor) within Surin city, has also closed to stop IO officers getting (more)infected.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

I believe the new 'office' within the newly build Government structure (3rd .floor) within Surin city, has also closed to stop IO officers getting (more)infected.  

Perhaps I'm going to have to learn to do the 90-day by internet.

Pity. We enjoy the 25-minute drive from Prasat, particularly when we haven't been anywhere further than Buriram for 19 months ...

• Like 1