Trying to apply for Tourist Visa(TR) but Visa site wants proof of residence and invite!

Hi I've been trying to apply for a standard Tourist Visa(TR) on thaievisa.go.th

I've deleted my application and started fresh but I keep getting stuck on step 4 - Supporting Documents.

It won't let me complete application without uploading:

7 . Confirmation of legal residence in a country in which you are applying for the visa. (In case that you are not a national of the country in which you are applying for the visa.)

8 . Identity of the person inviting you to stay e.g. Thai ID card, Passport

Neither of which seem at all relevant to me, any suggestions?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/28/2021 at 7:42 PM, ubonjoe said:

8. I would think a hotel reservation would be enough to upload there.

What if I am going to stay in my own condo?  I would legitimately be a tourist, just happen to own a place in Thailand.

19 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

What if I am going to stay in my own condo?  I would legitimately be a tourist, just happen to own a place in Thailand.

Upload a copy of your Chanute.

Blue Tabien Baan.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Upload a copy of your Chanute.

Blue Tabien Baan.

I have a condo too, but the blue book/chanote is in the safe of my condo.

I do have a signed document from the manager of the building, stating that I am the owner of the condo (full name and date of birth is mentioned).

Would they accept this ?

43 minutes ago, oldies1 said:

I do have a signed document from the manager of the building, stating that I am the owner of the condo (full name and date of birth is mentioned).

Would they accept this ?

I don't see why not, but it always a good idea to carry copies of anything important that may be of relevance at some point when travelling to and fro Internationally.

Currently if you returned during the restrictions you'd have to book and stay in a hotel, so that would be sufficient.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 2

On 6/29/2021 at 1:53 AM, bluezircon said:

Thanks, that's probably the only thing I could do. So I've submitted it now, fingers crossed.

Yes, absolutely absurd how convoluted every little thing is, as I've had the same issue applying for a TR and also uploaded a different document in order to submit and when i click on proceed to payment I then get a pop up screen with only one option to submit the application by post!

1508735932_Screenshot2021-07-01at00_18_23.png.d060f6b34447338a4d2aa07cfc3e8270.png

When I click next I get a screen informing me to submit hard copies (of everything I've painstakingly just submitted online) in the post!!!! And won't take payment!

1165006685_Screenshot2021-07-01at00_05_02.png.6f3a7b5495d8b2293f117a48ca3905a8.png

Did you get the same situation? As it won't allow me to submit it other than through the post!!!!

I started with booking Phuket accommodation, then started the COE online but it wants Covid insurance doc uploaded to enable the COE to be submitted, so I figured I'd apply for the visa, then get the insurance, then the COE then book flights and RT-PCR tests etc.

But I'm yet again one step forwards and three back!

Please can somebody advise as the entire sandbox process consumes my days and it is quite literally now beyond stressful!

Edited by truthfix

3 hours ago, truthfix said:

Did you get the same situation? As it won't allow me to submit it other than through the post!!!!

The Embassies are closed for in person visits.

The procedure is to apply and pay the fee online.

Once approved, send the approval and copies of all the documents uploaded with Passport. (Read the postal instructions carefully)

Your passport will be returned by post with Visa affixed.

How to apply visa by post - Royal Thai Embassy, London

You can then start the COE process.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2021 at 7:42 AM, ubonjoe said:

7. If you are a citizen of the country where you are applying you upload copy of your passport photo page.

Maybe he is not residing in the country to which he is a National??? Let's say a German living in UK, should apply at Th Consulate in UK????

11 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

His / her name will not show up in Blue Tabien Baan unless being PR....

It's for proof of residence, his Passport is his ID.

Many of the staff are Thai, they know how the Blue book system operates and will be quite aware he can't be named in it without PR status.

If he didn't own the Condo, how did he acquire the Blue book.

The Chanote though is unquestionable proof of ownership.

On 6/29/2021 at 1:42 AM, ubonjoe said:

7. If you are a citizen of the country where you are applying you upload copy of your passport photo page.

For 7 to show legal residence I uploaded a copy of my council tax bill which shows your name and address. Did this last year and it was approved. Have done the same yesterday and awaiting the "barcode" to post everything off.

8 minutes ago, gavlar said:

For 7 to show legal residence I uploaded a copy of my council tax bill which shows your name and address. Did this last year and it was approved. Have done the same yesterday and awaiting the "barcode" to post everything off.

That is your choice if you have a copy to upload. Uploading the UK passport is what most people do and I think the embassy has suggested that as well if I recall correctly.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is your choice if you have a copy to upload. Uploading the UK passport is what most people do and I think the embassy has suggested that as well if I recall correctly.

Hi Joe, you have to upload passport biodata page as well at start of process. I believe they want proof that you are actually residing in the country you are applying. So last year they told me they wanted an electric/gas bill, council tax bill or similar.

8 minutes ago, gavlar said:

Hi Joe, you have to upload passport biodata page as well at start of process. I believe they want proof that you are actually residing in the country you are applying. So last year they told me they wanted an electric/gas bill, council tax bill or similar.

They don't really want that. They only want proof you are a citizen or a non citizen that has legal residency in the country where you are applying.

You could be from another country and upload your passport and then would have to show legal residency in the space provided.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, truthfix said:

Yes, absolutely absurd how convoluted every little thing is, as I've had the same issue applying for a TR and also uploaded a different document in order to submit and when i click on proceed to payment I then get a pop up screen with only one option to submit the application by post!

1508735932_Screenshot2021-07-01at00_18_23.png.d060f6b34447338a4d2aa07cfc3e8270.png

When I click next I get a screen informing me to submit hard copies (of everything I've painstakingly just submitted online) in the post!!!! And won't take payment!

1165006685_Screenshot2021-07-01at00_05_02.png.6f3a7b5495d8b2293f117a48ca3905a8.png

I started with booking Phuket accommodation, then started the COE online but it wants Covid insurance doc uploaded to enable the COE to be submitted, so I figured I'd apply for the visa, then get the insurance, then the COE then book flights and RT-PCR tests etc.

But I'm yet again one step forwards and three back!

Please can somebody advise as the entire sandbox process consumes my days and it is quite literally now beyond stressful!

Hmm,

When I logged back into website to get barcode it only asked for Passport to be sent in the post and a print out of e-appointment barcode. That's all I send so hopefully that'll do the job. It arrived at the embassy in London yesterday. I'll update when I hear anything. Fingers crossed.

8 minutes ago, bluezircon said:

Hmm,

When I logged back into website to get barcode it only asked for Passport to be sent in the post and a print out of e-appointment barcode. That's all I send so hopefully that'll do the job. It arrived at the embassy in London yesterday. I'll update when I hear anything. Fingers crossed.

Hi...can I ask how long did it take between submitting/uploading your visa application and getting your barcode. I've uploaded and it states post your passport and supporting documents.

2 minutes ago, gavlar said:

Hi...can I ask how long did it take between submitting/uploading your visa application and getting your barcode. I've uploaded and it states post your passport and supporting documents.

I took a break after paying for application, no more than an hour. I never got an email (still haven't), I logged back into website looking for instructions on what to do next and found e-appointment and barcode then, it may have been instant, not sure.

4 minutes ago, bluezircon said:

I took a break after paying for application, no more than an hour. I never got an email (still haven't), I logged back into website looking for instructions on what to do next and found e-appointment and barcode then, it may have been instant, not sure.

If I remember correctly last year the either emailed me the barcode or it was available to print out from the application on the the website. That took a few days after I'd uploaded, presumably for them to check details of my submission. I'm at your stage where it says post your passport but although there is an application number there is no barcode yet.  

I'll wait until Monday and give them a ring. 

9 minutes ago, gavlar said:

If I remember correctly last year the either emailed me the barcode or it was available to print out from the application on the the website. That took a few days after I'd uploaded, presumably for them to check details of my submission. I'm at your stage where it says post your passport but although there is an application number there is no barcode yet.  

I'll wait until Monday and give them a ring. 

I just signed into visa website to see if I could take a screenshot for you but my status has changed to processing. I can't see barcode now. I remember it not being obvious where to find it, I was pressing a lot of random buttons and found it more by luck than anything else. You may be better off having another look in case you already have it.

On a side note visa website has a notification for me saying:

Request Document 1

Request Interview 0

Please check your email or contact

the Embassy/Consulate for more information

about the request.

I didn't get an email from the Embassy so I've just sent a message asking if they need anything. Looks like something may be missing.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, oldies1 said:

Would they accept this ?

REminder to self and others:

Always keep a snapshot of important documents on phone for emergencies such as this.    It may not always help but it surely can't hurt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluezircon said:

I just signed into visa website to see if I could take a screenshot for you but my status has changed to processing. I can't see barcode now. I remember it not being obvious where to find it, I was pressing a lot of random buttons and found it more by luck than anything else. You may be better off having another look in case you already have it.

On a side note visa website has a notification for me saying:

Request Document 1

Request Interview 0

Please check your email or contact

the Embassy/Consulate for more information

about the request.

I didn't get an email from the Embassy so I've just sent a message asking if they need anything. Looks like something may be missing.

My guess and it's a guess us that they haven't sent your  barcode yet as they want another document.  This happened to me last year. Once I uploaded it the barcode came through next day. If you have already sent your passport I would email embassy to expect it. 

2 hours ago, bluezircon said:

Hmm,

Thanks! It was my naivety as assumed the whole process was now electronic, but it's been confirmed and am sending today the necessary docs and more to ensure all boxes are ticked!

If anyone is having problems finding e-appointment barcode after paying.

Sign in to thaievisa.go.th

Click "View all applications"

Click "Check Status"

Click Download button and select Appointment Receipt (see screenshot)

The Appointment Receipt includes instructions on what the Embassy want posted to them.

Screenshot from 2021-07-01 13-20-38.jpg