I am so confused!!!!!!!

kingstonkid

555 yes it is normally for me to be confused BUT  I am really confused now.

First like a lot of others here I am over 60 and diabetic

Reading everything and following as well as I can I am at the following point.

Sinovac and AstraZeneca are only available to Thai and some of those married to Thais

There is no timetable for AstraZeneca to be available for Farang and no way to safely register?

They have now said that there will be Moderna available in October closer to December probably and it will cost us 3400 baht but there is o way to register or pay the man.

I deal with B N H and have been told I can only register for 1 drug.  

My questions are simple 

How the hell do I register for this <deleted>?

How do I know which will be available first?

Is looking after farang just a big scam?

Hoping someone that actually knows something will answer,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Is looking after farang just a big scam?

Even the private hospital Moderna vaccinations will almost all be Thai customers.

Why? Well this is Thailand and many Thais will pay for what they believe is the better vaccine.

There will be a stampede of Thais registering and getting the Moderna vaccine from the private hospitals.

Foreigners will be a distant afterthought as they're such a low percentage of the market.

I suggest booking your appointment at the first opportunity if you want it this year.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, ukrules said:

There will be a stampede of Thais registering and getting the Moderna

There IS  ALREADY a stampede.

Try to call the Moderna- hotlines. 

Thais are forced to take Sinovac. By choice,  they want Moderna.

The participating hospitals (THG, Piyavate, Chularat, etc) cater to the Thai middle class. Bangkok Hospital, Bumrungrad etc are not much interested. 

• Like 1

Go to your local hospital and register with your wife. Most foriengners will start getting jabs by August. Take the Astra Zenic. One in a million chance of problem. Even Moderna Has caused some deaths. If you have a pink ID card this will make it easier to register. Your choice. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lorry said:

There IS  ALREADY a stampede.

Try to call the Moderna- hotlines. 

Thais are forced to take Sinovac. By choice,  they want Moderna.

The participating hospitals (THG, Piyavate, Chularat, etc) cater to the Thai middle class. Bangkok Hospital, Bumrungrad etc are not much interested. 

It's not just covid-19 we have to worry about.

I'd suggest getting Moderna vaccine if at all possible as it and Pfizer jabs have shown resistance to the really nasty "D" variant.

At B3400, it isn't even a bad deal as US costs for Moderna vaccine varies between US$30-50.

If all you can get is a Sinovac jab, go ahead and get it, then follow-up with a more effective vaccine later when the frenzy dies down.  Studies have indicated that "cocktailing" jabs have been effective and will boost overall resistance % up for Sinovac.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2021 at 6:26 PM, ukrules said:

Even the private hospital Moderna vaccinations will almost all be Thai customers.

Why? Well this is Thailand and many Thais will pay for what they believe is the better vaccine.

There will be a stampede of Thais registering and getting the Moderna vaccine from the private hospitals.

Foreigners will be a distant afterthought as they're such a low percentage of the market.

I suggest booking your appointment at the first opportunity if you want it this year.

Spot on there, mate! Bangkok Hospital in Pattaya actually posted the Thai-language details of how to apply for the Moderna vaccine yesterday evening. Over 5 hours later they posted the English-language version. Very few non-Thais were able to register before they had sold out as the Thais had already grabbed the lot.

• Like 1

Vaccination has, I feel been a complete and utter shambles!

I think the reliance on a home produced product almost to the exclusion of all others combined with the usual unwillingness to lose face is th main culprit.

Having said that, the Astra Zeneca production is now gathering pace it seems and I think this will become the dominant vaccine soon.

My GP registered me via the Morprom and I am pleased to say I had my first jab today so my comment would be to see what your GP can do for you registration wise.

I have tried various options. Registering with Thonburi (THG) was quite simple, today I got the request to pay 1200 baht, but I know the Moderna will not arrive until October and there won't be enough, so that would take me well into 2022. In the meantime I registered with a company (just was added to their staff) of the friend of a friend and had my first Sinopharm on the 28th of June, next one in about 3 weeks. Cost 2 x 880 for vaccine and 2 x 250 for hospital cost. Very acceptable. The procedure was smooth and professional. You need to tap all your relations.

On 6/29/2021 at 1:30 PM, internationalism said:

metformin might protect from covid (there were some research), so might thinking of switching to this medicine (if you already don't use it)

It apparently reduces covid mortality in diabetes 2 patients, does not protect against infection :

https://www.uab.edu/news/research/item/11795-metformin-use-reduces-risk-of-death-for-patients-with-covid-19-and-diabetes

On 6/29/2021 at 6:13 PM, kingstonkid said:

Hoping someone that actually knows something will answer,

That White Knight is coming soon clad in gold armor and riding a Unicorn, surrounded by rainbows. He will have answers written on stone tablets.

Look, nobody has any answers and it may be quite some time before anybody does.

Your confusion is understandable, but topics like this just turn into bitch sessions with no conclusions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 8:04 AM, GruenJD said:

If you are American you can fly to Guam and get a free Vaccination. Not as far as other American destinations. 

Right, it's not as far but you'll still have to quarantine there. Not much to do on that small island.

I'm off to the US (using miles and $85.00 r/t first class for the jabs. Sandbox in Phuket suites me better.

On 7/1/2021 at 2:29 PM, sawadee1947 said:

BS ????????????????

I Found my wife huffing a plastic bag yesterday, I thought she was sniffing glue. Turns out she was inhaling a raw onion, she said she was killing Covid virus ! ? 

She honestly believes it will help prevent it.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, thaitom said:

I Found my wife huffing a plastic bag yesterday, I thought she was sniffing glue. Turns out she was inhaling a raw onion, she said she was killing Covid virus ! ? 

Belief is everything in Thailand ????

1 hour ago, thaitom said:

Belief is everything in Thailand ????

5 hours ago, thaitom said:

Have you let her know that the latest research suggests that oral sex is almost as good as 2 doses of Moderna?